All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone get solid poo from Zelnorm?
      #187668 - 06/20/05 08:39 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I have been taking zelnorm for about a month and going a few times per day....which I am VERY happy about, but it's always runny. Will it stay this way, or will it start to bulk up? Any thoughts?

Jessica

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone get solid poo from Zelnorm? new
      #187786 - 06/21/05 09:44 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hey Jessica!
How is your new diet working for you?! I am on Zelnorm, 6 mg 3x/day, and have been for about 4 months now! I do get "solid poos" but I also find that it is tied to the fiber in my diet. If I dont have enough fiber, not only do I become C but also get D (bec I am really C, and iti s just kind seeping out!).

Are you taking a fiber supplement? What about fiber foods?

Good luck!

#187957 - 06/21/05 04:25 PM
jessica28

I'm trying to get in more fiber foods, and just slowly started a fiber supplement back, so we'll see. I was asking because in the side effects it says it can cause D in the beginning...I'm just not sure if I'm still in the "beginning" or because of the lack of fiber, etc. I'm sure it will get better once I get my fiber dosage back up. Thanks Kristen! The diet sucks, its hard, but I already feel better. Not so shaky and starving by the end of the day. Still have some bloating a bit, but not quite as bad. I still have things I tend to overeat, but I think if I keep that to a minimum, or at least rare, I should be okay. How are you doing?

Jessica

#187970 - 06/21/05 05:01 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Jessica,
Yes, I remember reading that it initially causes D. My doctor had told me, initially, that if I got D for a number of days, to go off of it. But, I do think fiber is key to adding bulk and also trying to keep regular, meal meals so your tummy is settled a little more!

Im glad that the smaller meals are helping a bit-keep me posted on how you are doing!

You could call your doc and ask if you should scale back in dosage of Z? How much are you taking?

#188228 - 06/22/05 09:05 AM
jessica28

I'm taking 6mg 2 times per day. I need to make another appt. with him soon, so maybe I'll ask him and see what he says. I definitely feel better with bloating, etc....but I don't know if its good for me to be having D all the time. I probably go like 3 times in the morning and sometimes I may go once or even twice in the evening, mostly just the morning though. Does that sound like too much you think?

Jessica

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1858 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review