All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
over the counter IBS 24 hour pill available...any info?
      #187289 - 06/19/05 04:10 PM
Grdnangel

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: Rhode Island

Today in the sunday paper coupons i saw an offer for a once a day pill for both types of IBS sufferers. It was an over the counter chewable tablet that is supposed to relieve cramping diareah constipation urgency and all that wonderful stuff...has anyone heard of this yet or is or has taken it with good results here is a web page about it. Info on OTC IBS tablet

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep, heaps..... new
      #187310 - 06/19/05 05:45 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi Digestive Advantage has been discussed heaps on here. If you do a search with no time limits it should bring it all up for you. It has helped some of us, a lot of us found no difference at all and some of us actually got worse from memory. It's by no means a "cure all" pill for IBS. It is merely a probiotic (or maybe a prebiotic, I get the 2 mixed up). But it might be worth trying. Hope this helps and good luck. Sorry I didn't have more exciting news on it for you

--------------------
Amy

Re: over the counter IBS 24 hour pill available...any info? new
      #187311 - 06/19/05 05:45 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I'm curious! It's a whole lot cheaper than the probiotics I started on this past week!

#187321 - 06/19/05 06:31 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

this was posted on a couple weeks ago and some people were trying it. The website was giving away free samples so I ordered some because it sounded like some people were finding it helped. However, by the time I got my samples in the mail the general consensus here was that it wasn't that great so I haven't touched it. If you do a search on digestive advantage you will find other's experiences with it.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#187327 - 06/19/05 06:59 PM
Knit Girl

Reged: 06/08/05

I tried something that sounds similar for about 6 weeks with no effect whatsoever - bought it over the counter at the local CVS drugstore. But then recently started a probiotic acidopholus "pearls" which are live cultures and which seem to be working much better! You need to get these at a proper health food store...

#187328 - 06/19/05 07:01 PM
JimClark

Reged: 06/19/05
Loc: SImpsonville, South Carolina, USA

I'm not too familiar with how these forums work so I am adding this in hope that it can help someone else as much as it has helped me. I have IBS with constipation and I tried Zoloft but it was way too strong and my doctor did not have any other suggestions. I have found on my own that roasted soynuts relieves the constipation more naturally than any otc fiber product or laxative on the market. Just eat a small handful twice a day and you're as regular as anyone with a normal digestive tract. Plus the fact that soy is so good for you in other ways makes it a no brainer. I would think that with all the medical research and testing that they would know this and spread the word but that wouldn't make any money for the drug companies now would it? I buy them at WalMart and the container last a couple of months for just a few dollars. They're not a tasty (unless you buy the honeyroasted)as other nuts but the results are predictable and without any side effects. I hope this can help you.
Jim Clark (jclark1.2@netzero.com)

--------------------
Jim Clark

#187344 - 06/19/05 08:45 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

I've been taking it for about 4-6 weeks now. The first few days I got worse, but they said you would...feeling more gassy & bloated. Then it started really helping me, and I felt a lot better. Now...I'm still taking it, but I'm not so sure it's still doing as much for me. I don't know if it's something that you can build up a tolerance to, or if it's just because I've 'cheated' a couple times the last few days. It's worth a shot though. I did feel ALOT better for 2-3 weeks at least, then tapered off, but I'm still doing better than I was before I started. If that makes any sense.

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

Seconding Amy here... new
      #187362 - 06/20/05 12:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and for whoever said it was cheaper than their probiotic....that's probably b/c it only contains one bacteria strain instead of a mixture so it's not as good a probiotic as most you'll get at a HFS.

#187412 - 06/20/05 08:22 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

There are mixed results on Digestive Advantage. It appears to work great for some and not for others. I have been on it for about 3 months - it works great for me. Anne

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 954 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review