Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Calling all C's and A's....
      #187270 - 06/19/05 12:33 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Helllp!!
i need to understand something!

Why is it if I have pooped 2-4 timers a day for the last week and a half and have NOT had one poopless day, why oh WHY am I feeling totally constipated?? And why oh WHY are there marbles coming out? Wnd why oh WHY do I feel like there's always some waiting in my rectum?

I KNOW I don't drink enough water. i hate water. I am doing the best job I can do of trying to remember to drink water every day, all the time. i've upped my chai teas from 1 strong mug to 1 strong, and 1 weak mug. Is that why I feel so backed up and I'm getting marbles?

I have no pain, I'm reglar as old faithful and I'm doing pretty well on the diet. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling all C's and A's.... new
      #187271 - 06/19/05 12:35 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Just because you're going "all the time" doesn't mean you're actually getting it all out. If you're on miralax, I'd up it, or throw some babyfood prunes into the blender with a smoothie.

So yes, you could possibly be constipated. One of those fun things about IBS

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

A reporting in new
      #187272 - 06/19/05 12:38 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I can't really tell you why but I can say that I get those marbles too. And sometimes they hurt. Tons of water does really help I find, and eating no cheat-y foods. (I am failing on both these counts at the moment)

I find I rarely have "normal" stools ie ones that come out right and have the right consistency. I have been both very very stressed and eating badly this week so what do I expect really but I have either been run to the loo D or ouch it hurts rabbit droppings D. Bloating too.

I feel your pain (or no pain!)

--------------------
S.

Re: A reporting in new
      #187273 - 06/19/05 12:39 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

More water and SFS, hon! And yes, you can be going and still be C.

Re: A reporting in new
      #187281 - 06/19/05 02:42 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Sometimes it is the D just seeping around the impacted stool that is making you so C!!

Another A here with news. new
      #187313 - 06/19/05 05:48 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Well not much but yep. This can happen to me too. It's pretty rare but sometimes I swear my D is actually C that I don't realise I have! I'll sit on the loo with D 4 or 5 times in a morning but have the worst pain like when I get C My poo's don't really change to rabbit pellets but I think sometimes I am C with D, grrr. Being an A sucks

--------------------
Amy

#187334 - 06/19/05 07:25 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I get that once in awhile. I think it's usually when I have had some odd combination of foods & at the same time haven't had enough water.

If you hate water, is it the taste from the tap? I've never been "water hater" overall, but I have lived a couple places where the tap water is just nasty. A sink mount water filter or a Brita pitcher was a big help in those cases.

Re: Another A here with news. new
      #187335 - 06/19/05 07:40 PM
JimClark

Reged: 06/19/05
Loc: SImpsonville, South Carolina, USA

Try roasted soy nuts.

--------------------
Jim Clark

#187336 - 06/19/05 07:51 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I totally get where you are coming from. I am usually for the most part a C..to the extreme. I usually dont go but maybe once a week and that will be a good week. People ALWAYS say drink water, so guess what I do..I have been drinking as much water as I possibly can..up to 6 bottles a day sometimes. It doesnt seem to help me one bit, and I also saw on 20/20 where it is a misconception that your body needs like 8 glasses a day or whatever that myth is. I love my water, but maybe if you feel like you are really overwhelmed with the C talk to your doctor about Miralax and Zelnorm. Zelnorm seems to work from time to time for me! But for now..b/t me and you I wouldnt worry about the water thing.hehe

#187359 - 06/20/05 12:29 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

For me that is just a "normal" day until my system decides it no longer wants to be C and switches to D to complicate things more for me. I stick with the SFS and plenty of water which seems to help. Always feel foolish going to the bathroom numerous times thinking I have to go when I don't.

-Michelle

Yeah, very true new
      #187361 - 06/20/05 12:36 AM
Linz

Yucky, huh?

Jim Clark new
      #187363 - 06/20/05 12:41 AM
Linz

You can start a new thread on a new topic just be hitting the "Post" button when you're looking at the forum you want to post in. That'd be the best way of letting people know about what's worked for you and getting specific feedback and queries.

#187396 - 06/20/05 07:01 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I have that problem sometimes, too. I also will have gone regularly a few days in a row & then all the sudden the C and horrible cramping come back. You'd think the cramping wouldn't happen if you've been "regular"....

I'm currently drug free.... new
      #187602 - 06/20/05 05:26 PM
_Willow

...and I had three big poops today and feel slightly better. like, maybe I really just had one too many in there to get out. I don't know-i had lots of water yesterday, and not one trigger. maybe eh?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I've for sure HAD that...but haven't had D in weeks! new
      #187604 - 06/20/05 05:29 PM
_Willow

which is nice! The probiotics got rid of my D and pain. No drugs! just bugs!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well, it certainly is weird, isn't it? new
      #187605 - 06/20/05 05:32 PM
_Willow

Complicated to manage to say the least!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Roasted soy nuts??? new
      #187607 - 06/20/05 05:35 PM
_Willow

Nuts give me a tummy ache and then some. I don't know if that'd work for me, but MAYBE! I haven't had much for soy nuts...

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

no, you know, our water doesn't taste BAD at all! new
      #187609 - 06/20/05 05:37 PM
_Willow

and when I'm thirsty, it's the best thing around. i think my mom had juice in the house so much when we were kids that I never developed ataste for water, and I honestly don't catch myself getting thirsty very often. however, now that I said that, I'm THIRSTY!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well, I am going several times a day...and ACTUALLY GOING new
      #187611 - 06/20/05 05:41 PM
_Willow

and enough to flush and see well(like at least a cup each time, 2x a day) but it felt like there was MORE in me. But today things seem to be moving better.

I really felt like I had ZERO gut peristalsis. It was more like gut paralysis, and I had to manually push the poop out. It was meandering down the tubes and then stopping there till I PUSHED and PUSHED.

But it's better today.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

it's hateful! new
      #187612 - 06/20/05 05:42 PM
_Willow

My cramping is 90% gone now and hadn't caused issues last fdew days. But the straining to poop and then going poop a few times a day...it's weird to still feel like you have more in there.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#187619 - 06/20/05 05:59 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

Could it be gas that is causing the feeling of needing to go?
When I am sitting at my desk and need to let go of some gas, or feel the need for a bm, by the time I walk around to the bathroom, the ability to go has left.
When I'm at home I'm fine. I can pass gas and 'go' whenever the need arises. In fact I've let that keep me housebound for too long. Now I'm loving being in the worklace 40 hours a week and struggling - but winning - the battle to gain control over my UC and IBS C
I am relieved to be home at 5:30 though and let it all go. For now I'm using the weekends and evenings to catch up and to relax and get comfortable.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review