All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Having a bad night....
      #18657 - 08/26/03 08:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I have IBS-C.....2 days ago I changed from Metimucil (sp?) wafers to Citrucil(sp?) I was taking the wafers first thing in the morning and about 30 mins before dinner. I've been doing the same with the Metimucil...(taking 2 pills each time).... I had no BM's for one day...then today 5 times in about 8 hours...then last one being all "D" & gas..... and burning I took an Imodium right away. I just had some rice and will have some applesauce later if I get hungry. I just hope I get this under control & stable before our trip to the ocean for our 1st anniv .....we leave Thurs night and don't return until Tues.....wish me luck...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a bad night.... new
      #18660 - 08/26/03 10:55 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Shell,
I'm sorry your having a bad night.
You might be sensitive to the citric acid in Citrucel. Or you may have over done it on the fiber?
I hope you feel better soon.
Good Luck
Cloudygirl

#18661 - 08/27/03 12:37 AM
WS

Reged: 08/09/03
Loc: California

Hi,
So sorry you are having a bad night. I have them constantly unless I take something to sleep, not something I like to do. I noticed one of your replies mentioned overdoing the fiber. I wonder if there is not something to that. During the day I do fairly well, D- under control with Heather's diet. But night is one constant anxiety attack. This diet seems to keep my body upset - except for the fact that I have D- control.
If you have any more ideas let me know.
WS

--------------------

#18667 - 08/27/03 04:46 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Sorry you're having such a bad time. I was a little confused about your message. You switched from Metamucil wafers to the Citrucel pills??? Is that correct? Let us know exactly how much of each you were taking and maybe we can help you figure out the dosage/ Good luck. I know you don't want this trouble on your trip.

#18668 - 08/27/03 06:01 AM
Shell Marr

Thanks everyone for your support.... that is what I love about this place!!

Yes, I was taking 2 wafers (about 8am before breakfast & 6-7pm before dinner) for a total of 4 wafers a day and now I'm taking 2 pills (about 8am before breakfast & 6-7pm before dinner) for a total of 4 pills. The reason I changed was I'm thinking about what Heather said about the husk causing gas...and I had a lot of it

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions......

--------------------

#18669 - 08/27/03 06:24 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm not familiar with the Citrucel pills. (I use the powder.) How much fiber is in one pill compared to the Metamucil wafers? From what I understand, there's not that much fiber in one Metamucil wafer, so maybe the Citrucel dosage is too high for you. Can someone else help you with this, possibly Heather? We certainly don't want you to have problems while you are on your trip! Are you sure it was the fiber and not something you ate that bothered you yesterday?) I do think you will have less gas with the Citrucel. The Metamucil, as well as the FiberChoice tablets, gave me loads of gas!!!! That wouldn't be good for your anniversary trip!

#18671 - 08/27/03 07:28 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Maybe the best thing to do right now would be to go back to eating your wafers just like you use to do. You had alot of gas with them, but at least you didn't have the problems you have now with the pills. Then, when you get home and don't have the added stress of your anniversary trip, you can switch to the pills. And, maybe start with 1 pill at a time for a couple days and gradually build up to 2 pills. Let your body adjust to the increase in fiber. I try not to ever "try something new" right before traveling/trips.
Oh, and I never use immodium anymore. I have IBS-C too and once I take the immodium it really sets me up for big time Constipation, pain, cramps for several days following. If you have bad D maybe just eat plain white rice, bananas, plain french bread for a while, 'til it settles down. Just my thoughts---hope they help. Good Luck on your Anniversary Trip! Try to enjoy every minute!

#18676 - 08/27/03 08:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm not familiar with the Citrucel pills. (I use the powder.) How much fiber is in one pill compared to the Metamucil wafers?

2 Metamucil wafers equals one scoop of Metamucil powder (I WAS eating 4 wafers a day. So, the dose I WAS eating = two scoops)

4 Citrucel pills equals one scoop of Citrucel powder (I've been taking 4 pills a day. So, the dose I've been taking = one scoop)

So, it looks like I'm taking less now then before.

--------------------

#18677 - 08/27/03 08:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Are you sure it was the fiber and not something you ate that bothered you yesterday?

Not that I can think of, the only thing I changed was I made brown instant rice instead of white rice with dinner.

--------------------

#18678 - 08/27/03 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

tierny: you know...I never even thought about it not being a good idea to make the change before the trip. I'll see how I feel today.... and then maybe I will just have to go back to the wafers..... they work like a charm.... just was tired of the gas I will also watch to see what the imodium does to me, maybe I should not take that either.....(*note: that is what my Dr ALWAYS told me to take.... he was the only one I listened to until I found Heather)

The count down is on....... about 36 hours till we hit the road......

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review