All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Candida?
      #186383 - 06/14/05 11:12 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I have many of the symptoms of candida- many are the same symptoms as IBS. Has anyone else looked into this? Has anyone ever done a candida cleanse? Has it helped at all? My accupuncturist told me I have a lot of dampness in my system, and dampness is similiar to candida. Anyway just wondering if there is an IBS candida connection. Medical doctors usually think candida is bullshit, and most alternative doctors really believe in it.
These are the symptoms from an internet website:
· Gas, bloating, indigestion, heartburn or pain in the intestines
· Bowel irregularities, constipation or diarrhea or perhaps alternating between both
· Food cravings especially for carbohydrates or sweets.
· Mood swings, depression or suicidal tendencies
· Headaches or migraines
· Menstrual problems, PMS or break through bleeding, endometriosis.
· Respiratory concerns, asthma frequent bronchial congestion
· Skin problems, dry, itchy or hives
· Finger or toe nail fungus
· Vertigo or balance problems
· Joint or muscle pain
· Bad breath In spite of good oral hygiene
· Allergies…air-born or food
· Malabsorption (might be indicated by vertical grooves in fingernails)
· Vaginal yeast infections
· Itching or redness in body creases
· Acne on face, back or body
· Cravings for Chocolate, peanuts, pistachios or alcohol
· Adrenal or thyroid failure
· Hemorrhoids, fissure or rectal bleeding
· Insomnia
· Chronic fatigue
· Feeling cold and shaky
· Weight imbalances (over or under in spite of diet)
· Poor memory
· Puffy, dry or burning eyes
· Urinary tract problems (infections or incontinence)
· Premature ageing
· Chemical sensitivity (especially colognes or fabric dye)
· Blood sugar imbalances

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Candida? new
      #186384 - 06/14/05 11:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you get the yeast infections and sugar cravings, etc, it might be worth considering cutting sugar out and limiting refined flour products BUT that won't help you gain weight.

Have you given the Immodium another try yet?

#186425 - 06/15/05 08:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This has come up from time to time before. You can try doing a Search. If you don't find enough info from a Search on "candida", you can try a Search on "yeast" (although that Search will also give you some ingredient lists!).

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Tink... new
      #186542 - 06/15/05 04:28 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

my doctor doesn't think it's bullshit, and my life has improved since I began the probiotics. It guot rid of my yeast infection(and i took Diflucan too)

I naturally have these symptoms from your list, and I get yeast infections on a monthly basis when I'm not trying to cure this yeast.

Gas, bloating, indigestion, heartburn or pain in the intestines
· Bowel irregularities, constipation or diarrhea or perhaps alternating between both
· Food cravings especially for carbohydrates or sweets.
· Headaches or migraines
· Menstrual problems, PMS or break through bleeding,
· Respiratory concerns, asthma frequent bronchial congestion
· hives
· Vertigo or balance problems (sometimes)
· Allergies…air-born or food
· Vaginal yeast infections
· Itching or redness in body creases
· Cravings for Chocolate, peanuts, pistachios or alcohol(big time)
· Hemorrhoids, fissure or rectal bleeding
(when Don't I?)
· Chronic fatigue
· Feeling cold and shaky (currently!)
· Weight imbalances (over or under in spite of diet)-So a big problem for me.
· Puffy, dry or burning eyes
· Chemical sensitivity (especially colognes or fabric dye)

I have to say, I don't think it's bullshit. I noticed a difference with my IBS right away on the probiotics. i only have pain when I eat triggers now. I think this candida thing is bang-on- it's hard to get rid of but I have spoken to people who TOTALLY feel better once it's treated. So...hmm!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Candida IBS and probiotics... new
      #187128 - 06/18/05 08:39 AM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

I have had similiar problems with having yeast infectins and also IBS. My doctor recommended I test the bacteria in my gut, I did, and the result is I have extremely low good bacteria; so I am now starting on a treatment of Pharmax HLC Intensive Caplets (probiotic) and for maintenance after 2 months start Nutrition Now PB8 (probiotics also).
These were 2 brands she said were the top of the line as far as good quality probiotics and she has said it should take clear the YI as well as many of the IBS symptoms.
Worth it to bring up to your doctor...

See
http://www.nutritionnow.com/products.htm

ANd

http://www.smhomeopathic.com/store/pharmax.html

How do you test gut bacteria? new
      #187172 - 06/18/05 03:10 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Sounds scary. I too am prone to yeast infections and have heard this stuff about candida too, but I'm not convinced.

Re: How do you test gut bacteria? new
      #187194 - 06/18/05 07:33 PM
LB

Reged: 07/23/04

The test is actually pretty simple-it's a feces test. Basically they give you a test kit and you do the test yourself and ship it to the lab for the results. In my case, it took about a week for results which were sent to my doc and she then made the recommendation of what I should take.

#187255 - 06/19/05 11:23 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I have all the symptoms of a Candida albicans overgrowth. I used to have a very bad, high sugar diet, in fact, was dependent on sugar and believe this is the cause of the IBS. I have read many books and websites on it, and IBS is a symptom of the overgrowth - if I eat any refined sugar I blow up like a lil bloated balloon, and my wind gets worse! Yeast does the same thing too! I get affected big time by environmental factors like petrol/gas, dampness, mould and when the weather is bad!

I also suffer with the fatigue feelings, like walking through treacle, which is horrible. I have very little energy and am down to 7st 8lbs, which is pretty light for my height, but sugar was a great way for me to keep the weight on! Hey ho!

Hope thats of some help xx

#319303 - 11/21/07 02:45 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

hI- yES i AGREE IT IS BETTER WITHOUT SUGAR- WHAT DO YOU EAT?I find when I do this- little sugar at all- I get constipated? Then if I eat alot of veggies- it helps but I get gassy- I have fruit 1 time a day. How about you? I also have allergies( take shots- and mold is my biggie.

#319335 - 11/22/07 01:14 AM
nikjones1977

Reged: 10/15/07

Blimey, that was an old post of mine, I seem to be registered twice, nikjonesuk and nikjones1977, it is just me though!!

I've had candida since that time I posted, I have it quite badly at the moment, or something similar, bad bacteria in my tum and I'm finding it really difficult this time as my sugar cravings are off the wall!!

I'm mainly eating whole grains, veg and a little bit of protein, although I am sneaking in some dried fruit and apple puree, I'm wheat free at the moment, mainly eating brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millet and occasionally rye and barley - but I still have diarrhea and it's bringing me down quite a bit. Look a bit starved as I'm not digesting my food properly! Hey ho, keep on trucking eh xx

#319343 - 11/22/07 06:13 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

If you have candida, I'm looking at you diet and thinking you need to eliminate more than you are doing.... maybe eliminate ALL grains, at least for 2 weeks, all fruit except berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), green apples (these apples have less sugar and the berries are extremely high in antioxidants. Are you taking any antifungals (prescription or naturals)? If you are sneaking any foods that will feed the fungus, you are just putting yourself back to square one each time. You literally have to starve it. If you wish, check out this link, which speaks of fungus and the diet..... The whole website actually has good information oon health and fungus in general.

http://www.know-the-cause.com/AboutUs/OurFrequentlyAskedQuestions/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Take care.......

#319344 - 11/22/07 06:22 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Niki,

Sorry to hear you're not doing well at the moment. Was just reading your old post and i'm the same as you in so far as i react really badly to sugar and used to be too reliant upon it. For about a year and a half i would mainly only eat sweets as i was afraid to eat normal food because of my IBS. Not a healthy way to tackle it! This is why i think i may have candida- because i had IBS anyway and then made it a million times worse by living off sugar. Hey ho- we live and learn

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#319863 - 12/01/07 06:34 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

well anyone who ahs read my new/back thread i put up will know this topic is top of my list right now !! im not sure whats oing on with my body but is there a test her ein england that tells yuo weather u have candida or not ? my doc said i shoudl cut out wheat and yeast and stuff and i have never felt so ill and the diaeah is awful emotional etc - i dont know weather i have taken it too far cause i cut out everything and changed my diet completely i hope to god my doc has some answers for me monday !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#319869 - 12/01/07 11:22 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

jen, I'm confused with your posting...did you mean that you have cut out wheat and yeast, and now you are feeling worse instead of better? If so, how long (how many days) have you been eliminating these foods? You may be experiencing a die-off effect right now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review