All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Candida? new
      #319343 - 11/22/07 06:13 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

If you have candida, I'm looking at you diet and thinking you need to eliminate more than you are doing.... maybe eliminate ALL grains, at least for 2 weeks, all fruit except berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), green apples (these apples have less sugar and the berries are extremely high in antioxidants. Are you taking any antifungals (prescription or naturals)? If you are sneaking any foods that will feed the fungus, you are just putting yourself back to square one each time. You literally have to starve it. If you wish, check out this link, which speaks of fungus and the diet..... The whole website actually has good information oon health and fungus in general.

http://www.know-the-cause.com/AboutUs/OurFrequentlyAskedQuestions/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Take care.......

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#319344 - 11/22/07 06:22 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi Niki,

Sorry to hear you're not doing well at the moment. Was just reading your old post and i'm the same as you in so far as i react really badly to sugar and used to be too reliant upon it. For about a year and a half i would mainly only eat sweets as i was afraid to eat normal food because of my IBS. Not a healthy way to tackle it! This is why i think i may have candida- because i had IBS anyway and then made it a million times worse by living off sugar. Hey ho- we live and learn

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#319863 - 12/01/07 06:34 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

well anyone who ahs read my new/back thread i put up will know this topic is top of my list right now !! im not sure whats oing on with my body but is there a test her ein england that tells yuo weather u have candida or not ? my doc said i shoudl cut out wheat and yeast and stuff and i have never felt so ill and the diaeah is awful emotional etc - i dont know weather i have taken it too far cause i cut out everything and changed my diet completely i hope to god my doc has some answers for me monday !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#319869 - 12/01/07 11:22 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

jen, I'm confused with your posting...did you mean that you have cut out wheat and yeast, and now you are feeling worse instead of better? If so, how long (how many days) have you been eliminating these foods? You may be experiencing a die-off effect right now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 859 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review