All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Zucchini recipe
      #186042 - 06/13/05 01:38 PM
New Cook

Reged: 05/10/05

I have a zucchini recipe that my late wife used to make in which the core is scraped down slightly and then mixed with turkey breast burger and tomato sauce and baked. My question is must I remove all seeds and skin like cucumber or can I consider it a squash and eat the whole thing? Thanks, John.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zucchini recipe new
      #186043 - 06/13/05 01:42 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

It should be just fine as is, or with the peel removed.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I'm a C - I eat all of it like squash - no problem! -nt- new
      #186044 - 06/13/05 01:42 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#186064 - 06/13/05 03:41 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Would you consider posting the recipe on the IBS Recipes Board? It sounds really interesting.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#186137 - 06/13/05 11:23 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

To remove pretty much all the IF, peel and cook it. Otherwise, it's really very safe chopped and cooked. Remember, you want to eat IF safely, NOT cut it out completely.

Sounds yummy btw!

#186875 - 06/17/05 08:50 AM
New Cook

Thanks,Linz - So you consider it in the cucumber family (IF) and not the squash family (SF). Guess I better try it like my wife made it with the skin on but maybe eat only the stuffing and not the skin.
PS and it was yummy.

#186880 - 06/17/05 08:58 AM
New Cook

I would but don't know how, Sand. Do you consider it in the squash or cucumber family? I was finally diagnosed properly the end of March but the doc could not give me any diet to follow 'cause he flat didn't know - just gave me medications and said I would have to figure out what I could and couldn't eat. Thank Goodness for Heather's site and all you guy's advice.

#186893 - 06/17/05 09:30 AM
Sand

To me, zucchini are squash. As far as I know, the insides are Soluble Fiber, while the peel is Insoluble Fiber. I think zucchini should be very tolerable with the peel ON, so long as it is chopped and/or cooked - some Insoluble Fiber is good for you and zucchini peel seems like a relatively safe source of it. If you simply can't tolerate any Insoluble Fiber right now, then peel it and proceed with the recipe.

As for posting your recipe on the Recipe Board, you do it just like you do here, but on a different Board.
Above what you're reading right now, you'll see a line of boxes labeled "Previous", "Index", "Next", etc.
Above that is a line labeled "Message Boards", "Search", etc.
Above that is a line labeled "IBS Diet", "IBS Recipes", "Hypnosis for IBS", etc. Everything in that line is a different message board within this Website. You're posting to the IBS Diet Board now. To post to the IBS Recipes Board, click on "IBS Recipes" and you'll be in a whole new world. It looks like this one, but the messages are all about recipes. Start a new post there, just like you would here. (I'm not sure how clear I'm being without being able to point to stuff on the screen, so if this doesn't make sense, let me know.) I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe.

As for your doctor, at least he was honest enough to admit what he didn't know. That's a rare virtue.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Nah... new
      #186895 - 06/17/05 09:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...just eat some SF first (rice sounds like it would be good with that). Cooked zucchini sking is pretty tolerable IF and we all need IF!

Here's an easier way to post your recipe new
      #187463 - 06/20/05 11:51 AM
Sand

I'm sorry for sending you all around Robin Hood's barn in the earlier post. I could have just given you this link: IBS Recipes Board. That will take you to the Recipe Board. Just start a new post there like you would in this Board and type in the recipe.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6866

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review