All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Destabilized and feeling yucky.
      #185959 - 06/13/05 07:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Just a little pity party here. My IBS has destabilized after being stable for at least a year. A major med change did it. I have an anxiety disorder and I think that the anxiety is doing it. Anyway, I'm so nauseous! I had to "go" 3 times this morning already - and I had rice for supper last night! I didn't eat anything for breakfast except for a small bit of soy milk. Sigh. It's nice to be amongst people who understand. I know what to do, it just sucks to feel so nauseous.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Destabilized and feeling yucky. new
      #185960 - 06/13/05 07:26 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry, Alicia. I hate feeling nauseous - I'd rather have almost any other symptom than that. And nausea plus D really doesn't seem fair. I hope you feel much better very soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#185961 - 06/13/05 07:30 AM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Sorry that things are "off" right now. Hope you're feeling better soon!

#185973 - 06/13/05 08:38 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Alicia, I completely empathize with you. A medication change can seriously throw IBS-stability for a loop. Add an anxious disposition to the equation and NO WONDER!!! I hope you manage the "yuckiness." I usually start feeling progressively better as the day continues. I wonder if there is a certain smell that eases nausea and D? I must do some investigation in an empty moment re: nausea and aromatherapy.

#185975 - 06/13/05 08:43 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

One curious question, do you get that dry heave feeling and that sensation where your mouth is suddenly so dry and you're not sure if you're going to either vomit or have D? Some days, I get that feeling too. This yuckiness is worse than a hangover.

#185987 - 06/13/05 09:31 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Sounds like you and me are a pair - what with the emetaphobia and then when the IBS gets bad we get sooo nauseous. Its unbearable. For the four days before my period I am so nauseous, constantly, its a joke. And then when my IBS A swings to a D, the sudden emptying leaves me unspeakable nauseous. Its a mix of eating loads of stodge again and drinking ginger tea that helps calm it, but its awful. It happened to me again last night. I am up until 3am often with an attack that begins at about 11 or 12. Horrible horrible horrible. I SO understand.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#186000 - 06/13/05 10:12 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*HUGS* Being nauseous is not fun, I've had a bunch of that lately myself....end of the term projects and finals have destabilized me lately, including the nausea. Get yourself a bunch of yummy ginger stuff and feel better soon!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review