All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Good tummy Doctors in MD?
      #184649 - 06/08/05 10:25 AM
zile04

Reged: 06/06/05

Does anyone know of a good tummy Doctor in Maryland, preferbly in the Baltimore region?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good tummy Doctors in MD? new
      #184654 - 06/08/05 10:35 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I see Dr. Lila Tarmin at the Woodholme GI Group in the reistertown/owings mills area the website is www.woodholmegi.com She specializes in IBS and she is very helpful for me, I am an IBS-A.

Where in Baltimore do you live? There are few Marylanders on this board who get together once in awhile for support if your interested.

Welcome,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#184657 - 06/08/05 10:43 AM
zile04

I live in Owings Mills!! I also have IBS-A! I have never met anyone that can relate! I will check out her website, thank you so much! By the way, my name is Kendra, I am 27, newly married and have suffered from IBS-A for about 4 years, not knowing for the first 2 year what I had. It has been a nightmare and has turned my life upside down.

Kendra new
      #184663 - 06/08/05 10:58 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Kendra!

My name is Christie, I am about to turn 29 on June 17th. I have been married just about 7 years and have two daughters 5 and 7. I have had IBS since the birth of my first child and possibly before then, but it got really bad after my first pregnancy.

I really suggest going on Heather's diet on this board and start taking a daily SFS (Soluble Fiber Supplement). My SFS is Benefiber but others on here take Acacia, Citrucel, etc. I discussed the diet on this board w/ Dr. Tarmin and she said it is a good diet and recommended that I stay on it. She also prescribed me a drug called NuLev for my attacks of Diarehea, which really helped.

I am so stable right now that all I take is my Benefiber and Nexium for my GERDS. A year ago I thought I would never lead a normal life, so there is hope for you too.

I am going to check w/ some of the others from Maryland on here and see if we are going to do a June meeting. Maybe you can join us if we do.

Again Welcome,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Christie from Kendra new
      #184676 - 06/08/05 11:10 AM
zile04

Hi Christie!
Thank God I met you! I just found this web-site about 3 days ago and have already learned a lot of helpful things. I am unfortunately on Celexa, Wellbutrin, and Protonix. I would love to get off of the meds and I am so dependent on Celexa right now I hate it. Thank you for telling me that there is hope because many days I just cry feeling completely hopeless and no seems to understand or can help me.

I would really like to attend a meeting, I'm sure it will help. You can also e-mail me at kendrazile@yahoo.com. Thank God for you!

Good Dr.'s link new
      #184803 - 06/08/05 02:08 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Here's a link to a thread that lists a bunch of good Dr.'s. Hopefully one from MD is mentioned.

Good Dr.'s Link

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

#185515 - 06/10/05 12:27 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Hey, another Baltimoron! I had a GI doc in Baltimore, but then I switched my primary to Philadelphia where I'm in school. Welcome to the fun!

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review