All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bloating and D
      #184093 - 06/06/05 05:54 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Most people with bloating seem to be Cs, are there many Ds with bloating? I seem to get it if I eat anymore than just a little bit at one time. My tummy starts out flat in the morning but by night gets a lot bigger. Then I go a lot in the morning and it gets flat again. I don't mind how the bloating looks because I really want to gain weight, but it feels fairly uncomfortable. Just wondering if any other Ds get it too!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating and D new
      #184094 - 06/06/05 06:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am mostly C with sometimes D. Even if I have a NORMAL BM I bloat and bloat and bloat. And it can be POISONOULSY painful!

Have you tried fennel tea? Yoga? Massaging your belly? When I'm in a flare even water or no food at all can make me bloat regardless of what types of BM's I have. So don't despair. It DOES get better. When I was stable for many months I still bloated but it wasn't as bad or as painful.

You are DEF not alone here *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184130 - 06/06/05 08:28 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am IBS-A but tend towards D and yes I experience bad bloating. When I was working the same pants I put on the beginning of the day were ready to burst by night !!!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#184160 - 06/07/05 06:15 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I am IBS- A, and before stabilizing was mainly D. I was always bloated, but I didn't even realize it! As soon as I stabilized and was having regular (healthy) BMS, my stomach shrunk alot. I have always had the lower left quadrant of my stomach stick out further than the rest. I do not know what is in that part of the anatomy, but I believe it has to do with bloating, cause when I am ok IBS wise it usually goes down. But, for some reason it is back and I seem stable, so I am not so sure on this theory anymore.

--------------------
-Sheri

#184388 - 06/07/05 01:05 PM
NikkiM

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: Albany, NY

I am an IBS-D and I have a lot of bloating!!!!!

#184395 - 06/07/05 01:22 PM
LynnH

Reged: 06/07/05

And I thought I was the only one! By the end of the workday, I've unzipped my slacks, it's a wonder they haven't fallen down. I'll try all your suggestions, thanks so much! - Lynn

#184463 - 06/07/05 06:23 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I find that I bloat easier after a D bout. I think it's because my intestines are retaining as much water/fluid as possible. It goes away quickly, though if you follow Heather's diet.

#184475 - 06/07/05 07:03 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I used to get bloating more. I got it after each D attack -- and I got it fairly often just with gas... and that uncomfortable feeling. However once I started taking probiotics it went away. I don't have troubles with it anymore unless I cheat and have dairy products.

#184505 - 06/07/05 09:59 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh yes, I'm a total D and I get bloating lots... well happily not as much as I used to as I'm doing much better lately. But when I do get bloated, I seriously look like I'm pregnant! It's crazy to have pants fit fine in the morning and then by the end of the night (and I work midnights) to have your *underwear* cutting into your belly... yeesh, such as it is

But yeah, bloating & D definitely go hand in hand just as much as bloating and C (unfortunately for us!)

I'm A... new
      #184643 - 06/08/05 10:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but when I was really bad I had bad D for months and I had major bloating then. A SFS, food little and often (overeating is my big bloating trigger) and being REALLY careful with IF (my other bloating trigger) sorted me out. And fennel tea is great stuff!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 458 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1274

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review