All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnancy and IBS
      #184030 - 06/06/05 02:24 PM
zile04

Reged: 06/06/05

Has anyone felt better while pregnant or worse? My husband and I are discussing starting a family in the next year but I am nervous about how I will deal with it. I know I might need to get off my meds too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy and IBS new
      #184038 - 06/06/05 02:54 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I have IBS-C with pain/bloating and am 8.5 months pregnant. I'm miserable, and my IBS has gotten worse since becoming pregnant. Baby is taking over and there's no room for the bloating, so it makes the pain worse. But, I got through it (almost!) and wouldn't trade these past eight months of misery for anything!

Some IBS-D women have had their IBS improve while becoming pregnant. Being prego slows down your digestive system, which is perfect for Ders. For me, it nearly brought my digestive system to a halt.

It's worth it, but be prepared for anything. Good luck!

--------------------
~jules

Re: Pregnancy and IBS new
      #184041 - 06/06/05 03:01 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well, I'm only 4 months pregnant, but I can say so far things have improved for my IBS-C. I can tell during those times when my hormones are being put to the test, because I start to back up, but for the most part, things have been moving.

I have also heard that for IBS-D women, their IBS goes away during pregnancy. It's all individual I think.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Honestly, new
      #184120 - 06/06/05 07:11 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I didn't even feel one bit of pain, and I was as regular as Old Faithful when pregnant with my princess 2 1/2 years ago. It has gotten worse since, but I know now I did have IBS alternating between C and D well before I was pregnant. IU think it's a totally individual thing.

Hoping the best for you, though.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2095

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review