Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonix
      #183802 - 06/05/05 08:44 PM
Karen From Kansas

Reged: 07/29/04
Loc: Kansas, obviously

http://www.drnatura.com/

Does anyone know anything about these products or approach? What could it hurt to try it? I was considering it...

Thanks,
Karen

--------------------
Karen from Kansas
IBS-C for 8 years

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonix new
      #183843 - 06/06/05 05:38 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I had found this product onoline as well and was curious about it. I emailed a couple of people who had posted testimonials and they emailed me back right away saying that the product had changed their lives.

I'm 8.5 months prego right now and have serious gas/abdominal pain and constipation. Right now, anything looks good to me.

I'd be curious to see what other people thought of it. I'm sure that it will definitely not get four stars from many on this board, as laxative-type products usually don't do good things to IBSers. It can put things outta whack.

--------------------
~jules

#183880 - 06/06/05 08:04 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I just checked out the webpage for Colonix. I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone has tried this. It might be worth trying for my IBS-C!

#183956 - 06/06/05 11:41 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

There is a lot of information on psyllium(sp!) on the board, and that is the primary ingredient. Most IBS'ers can't tolerate the harshness of this fiber, but then others (mainly C's) are helped by it.

I explored the site, and basically it just looks like an awfully expensive SFS supplement. Acacia, peppermint and fennel tea and peppermint caps are a lot cheaper...and you'd probably find you didn't even need all of those at once.

No doubt we all need a healthy digestive tract and a normally working colon is vital, but we won't be helped by keeping it stripped out all the time. Just my two cents.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Colonix-bump for me input-nt new
      #224108 - 11/10/05 09:48 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Colonix is BAD for IBS. It is a high price way to make your gut sicker so that new
      #224141 - 11/10/05 12:46 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

the folks who perform it can sell you their high-priced supplements! It's a gimmick plain and simple.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Colonix is BAD for IBS. It is a high price way to make your gut sicker so that new
      #224212 - 11/11/05 01:35 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

I'm a retired microbiologist and I sure don 't know everything about this mysterious disease, but I don't trust such inflammatory information. In 25 years we only found possibly 10 people with parasites. I think there may be a link with bacteria. That article from Science News (I think it was). That colon clean stuff might be fine for someone with chronic constipation, but I'm scared of it. Natural products and mix of fibers is better. Bette

--------------------
(cool)

Re: Colonix is BAD for IBS. It is a high price way to make your gut sicker so that new
      #225741 - 11/17/05 01:03 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Quote:

the folks who perform it can sell you their high-priced supplements! It's a gimmick plain and simple.

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1427

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review