All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
Re: AC new
      #184695 - 06/08/05 11:49 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

I thought the hypno tapes were really more for the D attacks as well. Good to know they can help with C too. I need to save up some money for those tapes!

I cook all my fruits and all my veggies. I peel them all too. Do you eat the skin of your fruits to stay "regular"?

I'm a big apple fan, so I usually eat a whole one at the end of lunch. I really can't think of any other fruit I eat that has an edible peel: bananas, berries, and melons don't really fall in that category.

I'm still pretty cautious about raw veggies, but now that it's hot and humid here, I'm thinking about salads! Maybe not lettuce salads, but a nice marinated green bean salad or salade nicoise or tomatoes and cucumbers.... I hate the humidity of summer, but I love the produce!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FROM ONE "C"-IBS to many others.......... new
      #184709 - 06/08/05 12:20 PM
scarletsoleil

Reged: 06/07/05

did you do the BTC diet first? for how long? did that work?
im IBS-C and i JUST bought heathers eating for IBS book, and have been trying her advice, but have not done the BTC diet yet. i ordered some acacia fiber and am waiting for that to come in. . .is that a good time to start the BTC diet?

Re: Trying to eat more, but have gastroparesis new
      #184719 - 06/08/05 12:35 PM
scarletsoleil

Reged: 06/07/05

i have the SAME problem. . .i know i need to gain weight(as i am at an unhealthy weight), but i simply get full after petty amounts of food. . .and i absolutely HATE to make myself eat even though i am full. people tell me that i just need to stretch past the fullness and eat anyways, then your stomach will stretch. but they just dont understand how hard it is. i hate this problem.

Re: Sand/Also... new
      #184874 - 06/08/05 06:27 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It's scarey. I used to eat everything raw. I remember the days of raw beets and turnips, apples with skins, and broccoli, too--ALL RAW! Now, it would cause me intense pain and distress and would be hurtful to my body to do so. One day, my body just rebelled. Now, I eye those radishes!

Don't fear, though. The raw strawberries are easy WELL BLENDED, and the raspberries and the black raspberries and the blackberries, the service berries and the ... (the list goes on and on).

I just miss the hardcore stuff, sometimes. I can manage lettuce, but not iceburg for some strange reason and with lots of sf. More than 3 raw unblended strawberries, though and I have a huge tummy ache, etc.

Just really wanted to say, that I relate and empathize with your post. I hope you enjoy a smoothie sometime soon! Strawberry-papaya is a great combination, or strawberry-mango! If you miss icecream, just put the pureed fruit in the freezer (mango/strawberry is truly divine this way) and presto!--sorbet/gelato! Stick it in a cone and WOW! Or try strawberry-banana in a cone.

Wind (Kate) IBS-D.

Question about Heather's newletter?? new
      #184895 - 06/08/05 07:19 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry, but I'm still sort of confused on what Heather is saying about eating unpeeled fruits and/or veggies.

She says they are safer peeled, but also that we need insolubles. So I'm not sure if she is saying to eat the produce peeled because that is the safe way to eat IF foods or if she is saying to eat them unpeeled as a way to get insoluble fiber.

And are they still considered IF if they are peeled?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Question about Heather's newletter?? new
      #184899 - 06/08/05 07:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Beth sweetie, they are safer peeled, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't eat them unpeeled. As with everything else, you just have to try it and see how your body does with it. Personally, I still can't handle apple peels, for example, but I know some people can... just like I can eat grapes and tomatoes and have no problems with THOSE skins.

Now, I don't know about the skins making IF foods any different... I mean, I would think of an apple peel as IF, but obviously cooked apple (applesauce) is considered SF. So maybe someone else can answer that one for you better!

Bah! new
      #184901 - 06/08/05 07:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You didn't offend me at all! I was just worried that I was giving contradictory information and confusing people... so if I sounded unclear, thanks for pointing it out! So often everything is straight in my head, but somewhere between my brain and my fingertips, it gets all discombobulated.

Hey, what are you doing here? new
      #184910 - 06/08/05 07:46 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thanks Casey. Yeah, I think an apple peel would be rougher to digest, but I wonder if softer peeled fruits like nectarines, plums, or peaches would be okay. Guess your saying I would have to try it.

I peel and cook my nectarines, plums, etc...and I'm not sure if I'm erroniously counting them as insoluble fiber when I eat them this way. If I am, I am getting NO IF in this form at all.

I hope someone can help me with this question.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Sand/Also... new
      #184912 - 06/08/05 07:50 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Thanks, Kate. I've been thinking about smoothies for a while and I figured since Heather's newsletter recipe was for a smoothie, it was a sign. Plus since it's suddenly hotter than the hinges of heck around here, it sounds really appetizing. And your idea of freezing it sounds even better.

Oddly enough, I've been more adventurous with raw veggies. My DH makes the world's best tossed green salads and on good-tummy days he makes me a very small one and I eat it at the end of a meal. Heaven!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Bah! new
      #184915 - 06/08/05 07:55 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm glad you weren't offended. I think sometimes stuff sounds very clear in my head, but not when I type it. No hand gestures, mouth quirks, raised eyebrows - it makes communication iffy sometimes.

As for
Quote:

So often everything is straight in my head, but somewhere between my brain and my fingertips, it gets all discombobulated.

LOL. I can certainly relate to that!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 727 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 186917

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review