All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
I've found some GREAT recipes on the recipe board new
      #184390 - 06/07/05 01:09 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

You're right that there are always some great recipes posted. I'm generally good about sticking to the diet. I've decided lately to add more fiber (SF & IF) into my diet. I'm waiting for my order of Acacia to come in, so I can take that every evening (this will be the 3rd try but different approach). I'm also eating more salads, starting this week (never "just" a salad-- I always have some SF with it).

I think my diet needs some "tweeking," which, it sounds, is normal.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Actually... new
      #184422 - 06/07/05 04:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's a good idea. It's been a while since we really talked about what you were eating, so darned if I know how you're eating these days. Report in! If you start reporting on here, let me know so I can take a look. That might even help other C'ers identify what else you could try. (But of course you know you can just email too.)

I still think quantity might have something to do with it, though. I know how you feel - when I went C, the last thing I wanted to do was eat - but at the same time, I'd force myself to eat more, suffer through the discomfort, and the next day I'd have a BM. I look at it this way, it's worth a try. And yes, I do think losing 10lbs has something to do with not eating enough.

Love ya, sweets!

I'm finding... new
      #184423 - 06/07/05 04:09 PM
atomic rose

...that I have to have raw fruits or veggies every day or my gut really does suffer. Cooked vegetables are good too, but the raw ones, eaten safely, are what keep things moving. And I'm not even purely a C, so I can just imagine how much more important it is for C'ers to get their IF in quantity.

By the way, good to see you, AC.

Re: Hi Friend! new
      #184426 - 06/07/05 04:15 PM
atomic rose

Hi Chris!

I wanted to apologize if I came off as snappish before... I do that sometimes, unfortunately. Forgive me?

Your thought about a laxative got my gears turning. Have you tried adding a magnesium supplement to your diet? I have to admit that I don't have a whole lot of experience with this, but it's something that's mentioned here... and not to be confused with milk of magnesia, of course, which I think is a higher dosage. I'd try a mag supplement first before trying MoM.

Just a thought. And yes, when I saw the newsletter today, I thought of you and Beth! I hope you guys found a little encouragement in it.

Re: Don't waste away, Beth. new
      #184460 - 06/07/05 06:10 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I won't give you tips or advice, Beth. I will say this (and I have IBS-D), even I don't feel good unless there's a few servings of vegetables in me.

Re: I'm finding, too new
      #184461 - 06/07/05 06:16 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I find as well, that I feel terrible without some veggies (or fruit) in me and that a really small salad--just greens--cleans me out. I'm a D'er and I had to significantly reduce my raw to just lettuce (anything else and anything more causes cramping re: raw intake). Otherwise cooked and well blended foods are generally agreeable and ENERGIZING and keep me very regular and I'm working on reducing my very regular regularity. Incidentally, my significant elimination and reduction of the raw greens seems to be doing the trick in that department.

AC new
      #184474 - 06/07/05 07:03 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I thought the hypno tapes were really more for the D attacks as well. Good to know they can help with C too. I need to save up some money for those tapes!

I cook all my fruits and all my veggies. I peel them all too. Do you eat the skin of your fruits to stay "regular"?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Okay then... new
      #184479 - 06/07/05 07:11 PM
Augie

Conscious effort to eat more! It is worth a try, now isn't it. Tried not eating, so what the hey!

--------------------
~ Beth

Raw fruits and veggies new
      #184485 - 06/07/05 07:21 PM
Augie

Which do you eat raw and how many a day? Is one serving of raw fruit or one serving of raw veggie per day enough for you? How do you incorporate them into your meal plan?

I always thought raw was "taboo". I guess I really don't understand the diet as well as I thought. Or, the opposite. I take everything I read and use it in the absolute safest way. I don't deviate from the safest possible choices or eating methods. I am not "tweeking" the diet enough. I am too black and white in my thinking. If the book says cooked and peeled, then I do cooked and peeled EVERYTHING!

--------------------
~ Beth

Stephie, sweetie new
      #184486 - 06/07/05 07:37 PM
Augie

You are so passionate in your efforts to help other people. I see you posting replies to everyone...no matter if they are a C, a D, an A, or any other letter of the alphabet! You never think twice about trying to offer some sort of advice or insight into a problem.

You have such a big heart, girl! I just hope you don't take it personally when you can't help others. Because, as you said, there is no miracle cure for IBS.

I, for one, truly respect and appreciate all the time and energy you give of yourself to the people on the boards. You have a lot to deal with besides the IBS. Yet, you share without even thinking twice. You give so much to these boards and for that, we are all very fortunate.

Just please try not to feel like you are letting anyone down if you aren't able to help everyone. That, my dear, is an impossibility. You're good, but not even the docs can seem to help us all the IBS folk! Heck, I don't think most of them can help half as many as this site has helped.

I'm just trying to say thank you for caring about all of us so much. And thank you for wanting to help people find some relief.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 186536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review