All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
This IBS is confusing! new
      #184102 - 06/06/05 06:28 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

Wow. So you don't have to eat IF? This IBS is so confusing. I've wondered about adding milk back into my routine (I usually eat cereal every morning) instead of soy milk. I sound crazy but just trying to figure out how to get myself to stop being so C, despite being on Miralax. I definitely have to have IF, though. Glad you've found something to help you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I just say one thing... FOR STEPHIE new
      #184112 - 06/06/05 06:56 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Stephie,

You're the BEST. Very eloquent, sensitive and to the point. Right on!!

D

--------------------
Dana

Re: And by the way... new
      #184126 - 06/06/05 08:10 PM
BrianW

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

ok, you wanted a reply from someone that is IBS-C. Here you go, I have had IBS for just about a year. I finally found this website in March 2005, within two weeks of total reliance on this diet, I am SYMPTOM FREE!! I eat meals that are based heavily on SF, and I make my own soy (which you said you can't have) and rice milks. I have lost at least 15 pounds in the past two months.....I have gotten a promotion at work, mainly because I could actually work a full week again (instead of my 1 day a week with IBS-C)! This diet have worked wonders for me....but you have to commit...by the way, I do not use any medications for my IBS-C. You have to commit to doing the diet completely, cheat and it costs you badly!

--------------------
helpforibs is my saviour from IBS-C....all hail Heather Van Vorous!!!!

Re: And by the way... new
      #184196 - 06/07/05 08:06 AM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

Hey Brian, so glad to hear your life has improved so much with the diet!

By symptom free, I'm assuming you're including the "C" in that? Do you use fiber supplements? How do you keep things "moving"?

Unfortunately for me I'm trying to gain weight (which I've never been able to put back on since the parasite/dysentery episode). I always seem to lose weight on these diets.

Thanks for sharing, it's good to know it's working for a fellow IBS-C person.

Chris

I wasn't going to get involved in all this, but... new
      #184222 - 06/07/05 08:41 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I feel I must say something on Chris's behalf. I don't think he meant to be hostile or demanding. I think he is truly frustrated and perhaps scared that his life will always be filled with pain and symptoms. Sorry if I am speaking incorrectly for him. I guess it would be better to speak for myself.

When I read the posts, I felt the desparation and fear. Mostly because I share them. It is so heartbreaking to feel that I am following the diet and doing what everyone else is doing and yet, I am still suffering as much as I was day one. It is frightening to think that this will be my life.

It is hard to understand how this diet works miracles for others while some continue to feel no improvement especially when your in the latter group! I love all you guys and I am so happy that this diet has provided such drastic improvements for so many of you. It has been a blessing, perhaps even a miracle for so many of you.

But when your doing everything possible to try and find some relief, when your trying the same exact diet and removing the same trigger foods as those who have had such terrific results, it's so frustrating and disheartening not to find the same relief. It scares me because if this diet won't help, which it has done for so many, then were do we turn to next?? Chris did mention some options, but I personally don't have the strength right now to attempt a new approach. I do believe that this approach makes the most sense and I want the Eating for IBS diet to work for me.

So, I guess I'm just saying that I read Chris' post with empathy and I felt his frustration and discouragement and fear. Not angry at anyone. Not angry at the diet, but angry that life continues to be so painful to live.

Again, maybe I should not try to speak for Chris, because I really can't read his mind as to what his thoughts or intentions really were in his post. I'm just saying that it is easy to feel sorry for myself when I read how much this diet is helping others. I just want to say, "why not me". Why won't it work for me??

I hope you all understand that this is coming from my heart...not trying to attack the diet or anyone. But, truly, I understand how disheartening it is to continue to be so symptomatic despite following the IBS diet guidelines. I'm just angry at my body.

Having said that, I think sometimes that perhaps I should try to "start over" again. Perhaps I'm missing something? I don't know. I'm just confused and feeling so much pain. Do you guys think I should keep trying this approach? Honestly??? Or do you think it is time to move on and try something different? I would love your honest feedback. Knowing that you guys care enough to give me an honest answer because I know you all just want me to feel better, no matter what approach or diet that may be.

Thank you all for being here and for accepting me as I am, where I am in all this.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Aww, thanks very much. **hugs** -nt- new
      #184249 - 06/07/05 09:14 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Does this diet work for anyone with IBS-C? new
      #184250 - 06/07/05 09:14 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

HI everyone,
I too am IBS-C, and find the bloating and c to be very frustrating at times. It's important to give this diet a chance. Drink a lot of water and herbal tea, and if you have to start eliminating foods that you think might be triggers. You have probably heard all of these things, but this is a life long change, not something that happens quickly. I understand because I have a lot of bloating and symptoms associated with it that make me upset too.
Things will get better for you, and this site has great people and information to do that.

Good luck

Cloudygirl

Check out the recipe index new
      #184256 - 06/07/05 09:19 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi everyone,

I have experienced d and been a before, but am mainly c. I have had to modify some of the recipes posted in the recipe index to fit my own tollerances. I think its important to be patient and keep trying different things to help. Give the diet a chance.

Cloudygirl

Re: I wasn't going to get involved in all this, but... new
      #184266 - 06/07/05 09:33 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

That was beautifully written....and I am sorry you are not feeling well. How long have you been on the diet? Anne

Re: I wasn't going to get involved in all this, but... new
      #184271 - 06/07/05 09:40 AM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

Augie,

First of all I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much and haven't been able to find any answers. I'm with you on that one, as you know.

I really appreciate the empathy you offered me and you're really right on. That's exactly how I feel.

Though my feathers got a little ruffled by a few of the posts in this thread, I was never actually angry or feeling like I was being attacked in any way. I feel really good about the way everyone shows up and supports each other here.

I hope you can find some relief soon, Augie.

Chris

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2389 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 186549

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review