All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cheese?
      #18344 - 08/23/03 07:02 PM
ruby333

Reged: 08/23/03

Hi,
I'm IBS-C and a vegetarian. I can do without milk, yogurt and most dairy products, but I love my cheese and chocolate. I've tried soy cheese, but it makes me feel really nauseous, so my question is, is it okay for me to continue eating cheese as long as I have it on white bread or pasta (soluble fibre)? I usually eat mozzerella (sp?) or marble, medium cheese (about 8 grams of fat for 30g serving).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cheese? new
      #18352 - 08/23/03 09:32 PM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

hi ruby

i can deeply sympathize with you. i'm vegetarian with ibs d and LOVE my cheese. i think i have a higher tolerance for dairy than most with ibs d. HOWEVER, i don't know how much it effects your ibs, we are all different.

it is definitely best to do w/o dairy, but i'm pretty sure i'm safe in saying that if you do eat trigger foods you should definitely eat them with the good fiber like lots of white bread or pasta.

i've found that soyakaas fake cheese is pretty tasty, though you need to read the labels one has casein in it, the other doesn't. veganrella is also good. tofutti "better than cream cheese" is awesome and highly addictive. i get the garlic and onions flavors.

i hope this helps and, again, i understand where you a re coming from.

amy

#18484 - 08/25/03 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Have you guys tried the rice cheese? I think its a lot better then the soy. It's also a lot harder to find! If I'm really craving "real" cheese I will mix half rice and half dairy cheese and I seem to do ok. My husband cant tell the difference when I mix it like that!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#18485 - 08/25/03 08:51 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Oh you sound just like me! Am IBS-C,veggie,and easily do without diary except,cheese and chocolate!I tend to have it occasionaly,and usually with soluble fibre,and (touch wood) this seems to work okay for me.Although sometimes i take an anit-spasmodic,to be on the safe side!! Chocolate i tend to have after a meal,and this works fine for me too. Everyone is different with what they can tolerate,its just trying things out and seeing what way works for you!!

--------------------
Morven

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5937 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 814

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review