All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
borborygmi
      #182820 - 06/02/05 06:49 AM
momof2

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Belgium, but soon to be Maryland

Does anyone get borborygmi? Heehee, that is a LOUD noise that comes from my intestines. It isn't painful at all, and I don't really notice it associated with gas. But it gets so loud sometimes...I know other people can hear it. I often wonder if they think I have gas and just can't control myself... Anyway, I've read a bit about Lactose Intolerance lately, and this noise is supposed to be one of the symptoms of LI, but I haven't heard to much about it associated with IBS. I'm beginning to doubt my doctor's sanity in ruling out LI so quickly (never ran a test for it). So now I'm thinking it isn't IBS at all...but instead lactose intolerance. I haven't had anything dairy at all for a couple of days, I've upped the ISF, and I do feel a lot better, still some problems, but dairy is supposed to take up to three days to work it's way out so I still have time So, hopefully that's what it turns out to be...thankfully my health insurance is covered by the military, otherwise I'd be pretty ticked off about all those OTHER tests I took to figure out what's wrong with me...

--------------------
*Karyn* IBS D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Noisy tummies new
      #182836 - 06/02/05 08:17 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,

Yep, I totally get noisy stomach. Sometimes when we are lying watching TV, my bf will be like, "Shhh" to my stomach 'cause it's just making all kinds of noises.
Most of the time for me it isn't painful either. Sometimes it is, but that's usually when it's making "I'm hungry" noises, which are different for me.. I think they are, anyway!

I dunno about the Lactose Intolerance thing, I haven't really thought about that... I haven't been able to drink milk since I was about 7 so maybe it does have something to do with it, I'm not sure. Very interesting.

So, you are waiting right now to find out if you actually have LI rather than IBS? Does that mean that you have had dairy at least every three days since you have been ill? That would be so nice if it is just LI 'cause then you either just have to avoid dairy, or take Lactaid pills. It gets way more complicated as IBS, even just with dairy products, 'cause it's not just the lactose we have to avoid.

Here's hoping you get the results you want!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Noisy tummies new
      #183105 - 06/02/05 11:21 PM
momof2

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Belgium, but soon to be Maryland

Quote:

So, you are waiting right now to find out if you actually have LI rather than IBS? Does that mean that you have had dairy at least every three days since you have been ill?

Until IBS was first suspected I ate dairy every day of my life. Once I started following Heather's diet I would get stable for periods,so I thought IBS was the correct diagnosis. But, I found when I would go on vacations where I couldn't really follow the diet that I sometimes stayed stable. On those trips I would eat fresh veggies, fruit, and lean meats, but very little in the way of soluble fiber. The one key on those trips was very little dairy. The trips I had problems with I typically ate butter, cheese, and yogurt. Right now, I'm just cutting out everything that has even the slightest bit of dairy or dairy derivative in it, but otherwise eating normally. Plus, I'm taking a lactaid with my morning pills to counter the lactose in those. I still haven't gotten totally normal yet, but I still have one more day to go until my body can be declared dairy-free (other than my meds...grrr). Like I said though, I do feel better overall.

--------------------
*Karyn* IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 739 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1449

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review