All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: heather/ additional re: zelnorm new
      #182643 - 06/01/05 03:26 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

thanks for the tip on taking less!, but i'm doing well enough without zelnorm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as a general comment: and as cyndy says, neither i nor anyone posting is trying to ruin zelnorm for anyone. in my case, i was helping like a good boyscout: 'always be prepared' ...in case it IS pulled. i realized i was a taking a chance posting this, but i would feel remiss had i not. to be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

also, it's naive to think our docs would never put us on anything harmful. oh for the good old days when i believed that, too! docs, pharmaceutical companies, and the fda do indeed scratch each others backs. sad but true. its about $ more than anything else, however you slice it.

it's beyond appalling that we don't have more & safer meds for all our conditions...and that so little research $ goes into so many valid illnesses.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so sorry to hear that. How fortunate she was able to make a full recovery. -nt- new
      #182654 - 06/01/05 04:03 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Jules, we want to see a photo of you pregnant! ---nt-- new
      #182673 - 06/01/05 04:46 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Talked to my GI doc, Jules - Fiber, Fiber, Fiber new
      #182684 - 06/01/05 05:12 PM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

I have no idea if this would bother you as I am IBS-A but the main suffering is the "C".

I make a grated carrot salad (full of fiber). I make a big batch and add 2 cans of Dole brand "Tropical Fruit" I reserve the juice. I add some raisins, sliced (not slivered) almonds, and mix well. The dressing I use 2 grams of Best Foods Mayo and Whipped cream from a can. I mix the both so I get a bit of a sweeter flavor than a mayo taste. then I slowly add however much reserved juice from the can of Dole to get the taste I want. Mix it really well and chill for 2 hours.

This will keep your stools "really" regular and pretty well formed. at least it does for me. I'm eating it as I type this to you. I can't take anymore of the excruciating pain that I experience when I'm "C".

I hope this gives you some insight if you already didn't have it. Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your pregnancy.

Heidi

Re: heather/ additional re: zelnorm new
      #182688 - 06/01/05 05:20 PM
jenny_k

Reged: 05/29/05
Loc: Alberta Canada

thats great to hear that you are feeling well. i just started taking zelnorm about a month ago, but my doctor didnt tell me to change my diet or anything for that matter. So I think thats why it hasnt been working that great for me. I still have faith in it thought that it will help. How long did it take before you really benefited from it? Do you take 2 a day, one in am one in pm? Im trying to find the best times to take them....any suggestions?

I used to get that on a weekly basis BEFORE the Zelnorm! new
      #182705 - 06/01/05 06:21 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And now, well, when I take it 2x a day, it's soooo NORMAL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Jules...I wanted to send you a private message... new
      #182757 - 06/01/05 10:13 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

but I couldn't figure out how. You didn't happen to post on INCIID a couple years ago, did you? I used to know a Jules who had a baby, and was trying to have another one...just wondered if it was you or not.

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

For Jules..When I was pregnant! new
      #182782 - 06/02/05 04:24 AM
mickz

Reged: 09/07/03
Loc: Jacksonville, FL

I suufer from IBS-C/Chronic constipation. When I was pregnant I took the rx stool softener Lactulose, also called Enulose. Its natural sugars that draw water into the intestines. It worked great for me and I gave birth to healthy twin babies this past December!!!

--------------------
IBS-C, pain predominant

Re: For Jules..When I was pregnant! new
      #182793 - 06/02/05 05:28 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Nope, that's not me Shelli. :0) This is my first baby.

BL, I'll try and get a pic of me up here. But I'm computer challenged, so it may take a while. ;0)

--------------------
~jules

Re: Doctors put people on drugs that harm all the time! new
      #182804 - 06/02/05 06:01 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

There are going to be warnings with every drug you take!plain and simple.what does it produce D in some people and kill them or what?how long did you take it for?it usally takes a month to fully go into effect.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34725

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review