All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A quick question.....
      #181838 - 05/29/05 12:56 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hi all - haven't been around for a while - things in the IBS department have been really good lately, thanks to a really high strength probiotic! But.....I just wondered if anyone else suffered or has suffered in the past with similar symptoms as this;

I have been a bit anxious the last few days, noticed myself clenching my stomach, which is what I do when I'm nervous etc (usual thing), have had a bit of acid reflux, which again is usual when I'm a bit anxious (just need to relax) but a couple of odd symptoms this time, one is that my stomach and what feels like the whole way down through my intestines/bowels etc is very sensitive, like they've been scraped with something, and my BM is VERY big and soft and feels like my guts are being pulled out when I go - what I want to do is stop this feeling as it does feel like I'm giving birth!! The after feeling is the worst, coz I need to sit down for a while until the pain in my bowels/bot goes away!

These are the first IBSy type symptoms I've had for a long time - so thats kinda good news!!

Anyone out there had similar? Would love to hear? xx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A quick question..... new
      #181858 - 05/29/05 08:57 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Can't say I've had this experience with the Big Bms, but I do have the feeling that someone has scraped up my bowels and they are very sensitive. Like they've been stabbed with a knife. I don't know how to help it though.

I'm glad your IBS is under control now. Please share how you have managed this one! What probiotic are you taking? Are you seeing a naturapath or are you figuring all this out on your own?

What is your diet/supplement regime? Do you take acacia or other suplements? Or eat a certain style or foods to help you? Inquiring minds want to know! I would love to be having BMs and managing my IBS a little better.

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide to us still struggling.

Good to hear you are doing well, except for this pain.

#181865 - 05/29/05 09:50 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Welcome back! I was just thinking about you the other day, since you were one of the people who so kindly responded to my posts and questions when I first joined. I'm glad to hear you've been doing so well! YAY! I've been doing much better as well since I started the diet! Double YAY!

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what the extra sensitivity in your guts could be about. Anxiety? Or could the probiotics now be having a negative effect on you? I hope you find an answer soon.

Take care!

#181931 - 05/30/05 12:56 AM
nikjones_uk

Hiya - yes I'm seeing a naturopath, she's been great, not like crumby doctors who just send you away thinking that you are NUTS!! Right - here's my regime;

I take 1 v. high strength probiotic, a supplement called sucraguard (which is a mixture of B-vits and magnesium) which helps maintain your blood sugar levels and flax (lin)seeds on my breakfast each morning. I'm gluten free (apart from maybe some oats now and then - which seem to be ok). I eat healthily throughout the day, with salads, nuts, seeds, good fats, because I'm still losing weight (carbs were my favourite weight putter-oners!!!). I'm off any type of sugar apart from fruit sugars, which has really helped (except for the weight thing!!). The carbs I do eat are corn, gf pasta, potatoes (mininal), and gf bread, oh and basmati and wild rice as I'm NO good with brown rice! Then I take the probiotic and flax seeds again on some cereal in the evening. Plenty of protein, chicken, some beef/steak, tuna, lots of white fish and also some oily fish - not too much as I don't digest fat too well!

And I think thats it....but my naturopath is very good (expensive) but good!! hehe. Definitely worth it and nice to know I've got someone to talk to about it all!!

If there's anything else anyone would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask xx

#181932 - 05/30/05 12:57 AM
nikjones_uk

Hey, its nice to hear people are thinking of me! Thats nice x thank you.

I think its anxiety....bloody stuff!

Hey - glad you are doing well too xx

#181999 - 05/30/05 10:56 AM
Cyndy

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering what the name of your probiotic is and if it and the sucrguard is available for sale?

#182003 - 05/30/05 12:01 PM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

I have had similar symptoms. I have a had a few huge BM's myself this week with pain and sensitivity. I had to travel for work which really messes up my system. Since then I had terrible C and then I can't believe what came out of me at one time. I was wondering why this is happening myself. And how does something that big and long manage to stay in our systems- no wonder we feel so miserable.

I have no idea why-just wanted to say I share your symptoms. I am GF too and on probiotics. Your diet sounds pretty close to mine.

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Totally...unfortunately, normal for me. new
      #182035 - 05/30/05 03:07 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

When I'm C and I use a SFS, I feel like I'm pushing a pinecone through my intestines,a nd then it requires a birth-like push, and comes out pathetically slow. I think it's a muscular shutdown thing. It so sucks. I wonder if we don't need way more liquid to push the gel-like poop out without all the effort..>!

Also, I have been known to get hemm's from pushing, so it LITERALLY feels like there's guts coming out.

HTH!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Bump for Nik-nt new
      #182359 - 05/31/05 06:48 PM
Cyndy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5085 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1204

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review