All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: It really works? new
      #182321 - 05/31/05 04:45 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Again, it's NOT a miracle cure, but I do feel better. I'm sure I can't have pizza and beer tonight and be ok, though!

HTH,
Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Free sample! new
      #182325 - 05/31/05 04:56 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I saw this in my local drugstore the other day and laughed it off as just another silly attempt to understand IBS. Now it looks like maybe I should have taken it a little more seriously. On their website it says you can order a free 8 day sample, so I did! I have my IBS mostly under control with the diet, but it certainly would be nice to get a little less C and bloating. Definitely those already on it keep us updated!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Free sample! new
      #182426 - 06/01/05 05:12 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm still confused. Is this used in addition to SFS or in place of?

In addition to... new
      #182427 - 06/01/05 05:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...as it's a totally different product (enzyme and probiotic rather than SFS). Personally, I've found a SFS to be far more helpful...but it does depend on whether or not you personally need the enzymes and bacteria - I obviously don't.

Everyone really IS different... new
      #182428 - 06/01/05 05:16 AM
Linz

...when it comes to whether or not you need enzymes and probiotics so you can only know if DA will help you by trying it. Personally all those kind of products did nada for me.

For everyone who's thinking of trying DA following Karyn's success. new
      #182430 - 06/01/05 05:21 AM
Linz

PLEASE do a search on this as it has come up ALOT in the past. It's not actually that special (you could take the enzymes and the probiotics separately and it'd be the same thing) and it is NOT a miracle cure. Some people just need supplementary digestive enzymes and/or probiotics and if that's you, then it should help. I obviously DON'T need this stuff as all that kind of thing did nothing for me...but that's just me. You'll only know if it can help by trying it.

But you might actually be better off then trying a broad-spectrum probiotic with a good digestive enzyme supplement as what's in the DA is actually quite limited.

Just wanted to make sure you get all the info!

I agree new
      #182438 - 06/01/05 05:51 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I tried it and it did nothing for me -- but I am now on a good probiotic and enzymes and they did make a difference - the final death blow to gas & bloating (though the diet is what made the biggest change).

I agree too! new
      #182445 - 06/01/05 06:43 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Digestive advantage has been talked about a lot from all the posts I've gotten after doing a search. Seems like this is just something marketed towards the IBS population in specific because so many people have IBS and the company can "cash in" on this market. Cynical? Perhaps. It didn't do a darn thing for me, or for lots of others on the boards I presume just from reading old posts.

Here's Heather's thoughts on it. DA and DA

It's great if it helps you and I encourage you to keep taking it. But I just think people should realize it isn't such a miracle cure. It didn't do anything for many people, and I believe there are better probiotics out there.

I called the company and they couldn't even explain the ingredients in it to me. They had no idea about what soluble fiber is or what probiotic was in the product. They just kept saying "this is the only thing you'll ever need to take to cure your IBS...It takes care of every symptom." Now that's a red flag to me.

The company told me.. new
      #182446 - 06/01/05 06:45 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

it should replace any other supplements, including SFS. But they couldn't tell me how much SFS was in the product. I think you are better off doing an SFS and a good probiotic as separate product.

Wise words here!! There is no one-size-fits all with IBS! -nt- new
      #182473 - 06/01/05 08:23 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 463 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19362

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review