All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ok, I started taking Digestive Advantage for IBS yesterday...
      #178807 - 05/13/05 11:36 AM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

I took one yesterday & one again today. Now this afternoon, my belly is feeling more bloated & 'sore' than before. No cramps really, just kind of hurting & tender feeling, maybe a little gassy. No bm today. I think this can be normal, has anyone here tried that supplement? When I saw it in the store, I figured it was worth a try, cause nothing else has been helping me lately. I'm always afraid to try laxatives, for fear it'll get the D started again. (Although there are days when I'd be willing to tolerate the D to get cleared out good.)
Last night I grilled some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and ate a little pasta & a little spinach. I didn't actually eat much before feeling full. I've also drank alot more water yesterday & today. Can the water be causing problems as well?
I've had some peppermint tea yesterday & today, that seems to help for a few minutes, but then I start feeling sore again.

One last question...I haven't seen it posted anywhere, so I'm wondering if it's an unusual symptom or not. When my IBS is bothering me, it feels like a pain that goes right through me, I hurt from my belly through to my back, I get back pain with it too. Does everyone else get that too, or am I just weird??

Thanks again!

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, I started taking Digestive Advantage for IBS yesterday... new
      #178811 - 05/13/05 11:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Back pain is pretty normal btw.

I'd go with the spinach being the problem unless you ate triggers w/out realising it. Digstive Advantage isn't that potent so I'd be surprised if one day's worth gave you side effects.

#178817 - 05/13/05 11:46 AM
Shelli73

Duh...I completely forgot about spinach being considered a 'gassy' food. I've eaten it before without problems, so I just wasn't thinking straight. I thought I was doing good by not making green beans or corn!!
Thanks for the reminder...I feel dumb now! LOL

--------------------

#179363 - 05/16/05 12:59 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Just thought I'd throw this in here - one of the common side effects with Digestive Advantage is gas/bloat for the first few days. I took my first one last night and I am struggling to get through today! How are you feeling now that it has been a few days?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#179486 - 05/16/05 09:14 PM
Shelli73

Ok, I have to say I'm feeling better! I still have some bloating & cramps, but I'm also on cycle day 29, so I'm having major PMS too!!
Hubby says it seems like I'm feeling better too. It's no miracle cure yet, but it IS getting better. The second day I was on it seemed like the worst for me, I think...I was having MAJOR gas pains/bloating...took simethicone, took a hot bath (which did help some by the way), drank a ton of pepper mint tea & water.
Keep taking it for a few days & we can compare notes! I went out to a bday dinner tonight though, and ordered what I thought was a safe grilled fish w/a side of plain pasta, but the fish had some spices on it, and my tummy isn't feeling too great now.
Let me know how you feel in the next day or two...I *think* between taking that, & modifying my diet some...I'm feeling a bit better, actually lost a couple pounds...I'm feeling kind of optimistic.

--------------------

#179493 - 05/16/05 10:36 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi shelli
i havent heard of the supplement youre taking but your back is probably hurting b/c of your C. my lower back always hurts since its parallel to my abdomin, which is also always C. ciao!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#179508 - 05/17/05 05:41 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I have been on Digestive Advantage for a couple of months. It seems to be working very well for me. During my period I increase the dose from 1 to 2 tablets as it mentions on the box. Remember - there is no cure - but at least I am feeling good. Anne

#179516 - 05/17/05 05:58 AM
momof2

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Belgium, but soon to be Maryland

I just started taking Digestive Advantage today...and I'm a little worried about the gas that everyone seems to get those first few days So far so good though...I really hope this stuff helps me. I guess at this point anything is worth a try.

--------------------
*Karyn* IBS D

#179528 - 05/17/05 06:27 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted! Today is day 2 for me and I have a little gas, but it's still early, so we shall see.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1073

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review