All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
C'ers, I need some help (please)!!! (Beware: eeew!)
      #178414 - 05/12/05 04:29 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I'm having some problems.

I got super "backed up" over the last week and haven't had but one real movement that I can tell (a few tiny ones) and I'm bloated and feeling like there is just a ton of stuff inside of me. But after taking a bunch of miralax, I feel like I need to go and then all it is is just gas and tiny bits... like I've taken too much fiber. So, is it possible that I'm just so backed up that the stuff just isn't coming out?

Thanks so much!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: C'ers, I need some help (please)!!! (Beware: eeew!) new
      #178417 - 05/12/05 05:24 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Awww- I feel so bad for you. Thats rots!
I don't have alot of advice for you but I definately feel for you.
I hope something gets you going soon...

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#178419 - 05/12/05 05:26 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Elizabeth-
I wish I had some words of wisdom but I am struggling with the same thing! I had it last week then on Sunday I had D and cramping and then no real BM since then. I have been trying to figure out what is going on! I have upped my SFS and ISF and have been drinking a ton of water. I feel like I am back to where I started before the diet.

#178481 - 05/12/05 08:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

As Angela mentioned, you need to drink a ton of water for the miralax to work properly. I rarely have C issues now, sometimes just before my period but otherwise things move through in a timely fashion. Have you tried added in a second dose of miralax? Are you taking your miralax on an empty tummy and than eating shortly after to stimulate your colon? Be sure you are getting enough insoluble fiber in your diet. The last thing that helps me is exercise. When I hurt my foot this past winter and was on crutches for months, my C did get worse. I still have some issues from my injury and have had to tone my exercising down a lot but I still swim three times week and if I miss a class, things slow down! Hang in there, feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#178492 - 05/12/05 09:04 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Well, you look awfully young for it, but there is a condition called "impacted bowels" (sorry). I'm not too up on it (thankfully), but as I understand it, it can result in a "mass" blocking exit, so only little bits and pieces can slide around it and out. (And you thought your original post was icky! )

On a more positive note, I just posted this in response to someone else. Maybe it would help - assuming no one has problems to report with it.

Whatever is going on, it sounds miserable. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#178672 - 05/12/05 09:53 PM
e_mcmaster

This is my third day on the twice-a-day miralax. I do drink a ton of water - at least 110oz. And I had a D-like episode tonight which makes me think that I've taken too much miralax, but still no huge movement. I exercise for about 1.5-2 hours 5x a week and I'm eating quite a bit so I can't understand where the poop is hiding!

I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow with my GI and see if he can do an x-ray or something like that to see if my bowels are actually full or if I'm crazy. Also, he never did do any kind of tests to rule out anything when he diagnosed me, so I'd like him to do those, too.

Thank you all so much!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Angela new
      #178716 - 05/13/05 06:50 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Have you found relief yet? Or are you still C? I had the same situation as you. Chronic C then D out of no where! I haven't had D in a year!

Now, since the D, I haven't gone in 6 days! I don't know what to do to get this stuff out of me. This is all insane!

Any suggestions on what to do? I tried some zelnorm, but that just gave me cramping pain.

Cyndy new
      #178735 - 05/13/05 07:21 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Sorry just saw this post today. No I am still wondering what is going on with me. Last night I had a major pain attack and the went to the bathroom 3 times. However it wasn't D but it wasn't hard either. My pain lasted for a couple of hours. I took a Gas-X to help. I also went this morning pretty well. But now I am sure that I will be C for the next few days! I am not sure what to do. I have been pretty stressed lately and I thing that plays a huge part in my BM's. I will be done with work in a about 4 weeks so hopefully the summer will be better. I took Zelnorm also for about a month and had horrible D every 3 days with it and also pain. I stopped it and started this diet to help stablize me.

I didn't get the D... new
      #178742 - 05/13/05 07:57 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

just the cramps. Not even a decent BM. Silly me, for some reason I took the stupid zelnorm again this am. So, guess I'll be having a more than usual "crampy" day.

Am I a glutton for punishment? No, just desperate and somehow hoping that the zelnorm might just cause a BM. Wishful thinking. I thought maybe it took a while for it to start working. But from what I've read, it seems like most people find relief immediately if it is going to work for them at all.

Re: I didn't get the D... new
      #178767 - 05/13/05 09:04 AM
e_mcmaster

I found relief from it for about year, maybe a bit less. Now it doesn't seem to do anything, but I still take it.

--------------------
Elizabeth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2605 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review