All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
extreme bloating
      #177672 - 05/09/05 10:49 AM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Hi all,
I was diagnosed about a year ago with IBS-C. Since then I have had a lot of trouble with my digestion. I found that I could not handle gluten or wheat. The tests showed that I had a sensitivity to gliadin. I've pretty much eliminated all wheat and gluten. However, I'm still terribly bloated and I've had some weight gain to boot. I've been to my primary physician who has been no help. I've also been to a nutritionist who suggested that I eliminate the wheat and gluten. I recently purchased some digestive enzymes and the herbalist asked me what blood type I was (I'm 0 positive.) He told me that I should read the book Eat for Your Blood Type. He advised me to cut out wheat and gluten, and that I should eat meat (I'm a strict vegetarian!!) I don't know how much scientific evidence there is to back up the blood type book, but some of the conditions that the author referred to are happening to me. A lot of my clothes are tight, and I am very constipated. Sometimes I look like I'm 3 months pregnant, even though I'm not. I'm tired of feeling this way. Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: extreme bloating new
      #177740 - 05/09/05 01:47 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey catlady->
the symptoms youre dealing with, i am also dealing with! im not intolerant of wheat and gluten but i AM however extremely constipated all the time too! my clothes are really tight, mostly im uncomfortable in tight shirts which i have to wear @ work, which is usually when i seem to have some kind of flare up be it gas or terrible bloating. along with that i look like im pregnant as well but of course i am not i bought a lot of those babydoll shirts that have the empire cut top so you cant tell how bloated and C i am but i think i give off the image of a pregnant teen!!! im almost 20 but am often mistaken for 15 or 16 so i cant imagine my dress code presents me at my best. thankfully its summer though so i dont have to care! hehe b/c im not familiar with a GF diet im not sure what to recommend but i am a strict vegan! so we share that category! my BF cooks alot and ive gotten into it as well so if you need some recipes, we could exchange some! there is no fiber in meat or any animal products *at all* so im not sure you should give in to that just yet. i know that Ruchie maintains a GF diet so if you see her posts, you may want to talk with her and see what she has to say. light exercise makes the best out of pain and cramps: i do some pilates and some yoga which you can find on this site too. special yoga positions for certain pains and problems--all IBS RELATED! as for the bloodwork book? ive never heard of that. and actually i didnt know there were certains ways to eat according to your blood type. hmm---wonder what mine is?? i hope youre able to find some fast relief and im sorry to hear about your discomfort. hang in there and feel better ASAP!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#178334 - 05/11/05 02:54 PM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Hi little bear,
Thanks for your response. It's nice to meet another strict vegetarian online. catlady

#178336 - 05/11/05 03:16 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try fennel tea. Crush up a teaspoon of fennel seeds and steep in a mug of boiling water. Drink several cups a day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#178337 - 05/11/05 03:27 PM
simone444

Reged: 05/11/05

I suffer from waistline and trunk hypersensitivity and can barely wear anything around my waistline or chest because of wierd horrible sensations. Does anyone have this problem as I seem to be the only one that has this, and is this a sympton of IBS ?

#178348 - 05/11/05 04:33 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Good advice here. I'd just add - do a search for the blood type diet; it's been discussed a bit on the boards. You could also try doing a google search. You're right: there is *very little* scientific evidence to back it up, which is why most scientists don't take it very seriously.

#178350 - 05/11/05 04:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was surprised to find that many women posting here have this and how few wear panties. Try a board search for long topics on this. And welcome.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: extreme bloating/undergarments new
      #178357 - 05/11/05 05:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I haven't worn undergarments in years! Seriously! However, my bloating is supremely subdued due to strict diet adherence.
I find, though, that wearing panties gives me D. Hmmm...maybe
I just like that free, breathing feeling. Also, having given up bras, my headaches are reduced. Could there be a connection? I do not know.

#178363 - 05/11/05 06:40 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Can't comment on the blood diet. I'm GF but not a celiac. I am intolerant. If you have any questions, you can hunt me down. It's confusing and hard. I am a strict veg. too. And IBS-C. uw_ponine@hotmail.com.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

What if Fennel doesn't work? new
      #178364 - 05/11/05 06:43 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

What can I do then? Fennel tea doesn't do anything for me.

Please, any suggestions on how to reduce bloat?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review