All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
bloating new
      #178367 - 05/11/05 07:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There is a lot to know about it. Here is a comment from Heather which is a good place to start. here is some of my theories. but bloating cannot be helped by focusing on it as a separate identity; it can only be helped by having the whole gut acting correctly. And that is done by sticking to the diet and lifestyle changes.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Retrograde new
      #178370 - 05/11/05 07:11 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I'm glad your still posting. I was worried that after that guy made that rude comment to you, that you might feel that you weren't appreciated.

As a new poster, I think you are very knowledgeable and look forward to reading your posts. Thanks for sharing all your help. It is nice when people who are "stable" or have a good handle on the IBS still reach out to help newbies.

Wow...this is complicated new
      #178371 - 05/11/05 07:18 PM
Cyndy

Not eating too much, but not eating too seldom...Tricky stuff.

I do get more bloated when I am more constipated (more gassy then too).

This is a complicated monster.

thanks for sharing your post. It was vey informative, but I don't think I am going to be able to get all this down pat. There seems to be many, many variables going into this and I'm not sure about my diet yet, nor am I able to tolerate any soluble fiber supplements to help with the regularity.

Re: extreme bloating new
      #178372 - 05/11/05 07:18 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Have you been to a GI doc? Something about all that sounds fishy. Telling you to eat meat just sounds like ignorance.

Re: What if Fennel doesn't work? new
      #178421 - 05/12/05 05:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you tried several cups a day for several days? IT takes a while to work.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Wow...this is complicated new
      #178432 - 05/12/05 05:43 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It is tough. I still bloat sometimes too but for the most part I have found great help.
Why can't you take a SFS? Personally I think everyone can and should although some swear they cannot. You have to go very small at first. But a SFS is really not different digestive wise than a lot of soluble fiber. Having just a couple grams of fiber worth at a time in a SFS shouldn't be intolerable. The acacia has definitely helped me a lot.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

No... new
      #178442 - 05/12/05 06:22 AM
Cyndy

I've only been taking one cup a day of the Altiva brand. This brand does not come individually packaged, so maybe I need to use two bags at once to double the strength, and also increase to 2 cups a day.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try anything!

SFS seem to just make me... new
      #178445 - 05/12/05 06:26 AM
Cyndy

more bloated, gassy, and gon't even help with a BM. Like it clogs me up instead, even with drinking tea all day long.

Are you a C or D? I've tried Citrucel (clear mix and caplets), fibercon, fiberchoice, and equalactin, all with the same results. They just sit inside me and "clog" me up worse. Then I get worse symptoms.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: No... new
      #178464 - 05/12/05 07:42 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

This is just another little thing or two - chew slowly, eat slowly and don't gulp. Don't chew gum. Try to avoid the gassy veggies - cabbage, broccoli, etc. for a while, too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: extreme bloating new
      #178472 - 05/12/05 08:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I also have severe sensativity to clothing. I buy my pants a size or two too big and I'm VERY picking about my panites. The first thing I do when I get home from work is put on a night shirt and take of my panties! There are days when I have to go without a bra because the pressure is too bad. Luckily, I'm small chested and can get away with it ok!

I use miralax daily. It is a prescription osmotic laxative and it keeps my C in check. If you are struggling with C, you may want to ask your dr about this. You do have to give it a couple of days to start working and it may cause some extra bloating and gas in the first couple of weeks but that goes away.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review