All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chocolate chips
      #177357 - 05/07/05 07:53 PM
notadocter

Reged: 04/26/05

I have not heard of them where can you purchase dairy free chocolate chips, I did not think it was possible to eat chocolate chips due to fat it has produced.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chocolate chips new
      #177359 - 05/07/05 07:56 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

There are some brands out there that are based in cocoa and have no dairy. They still bother me but some people eat small amounts in baked goods. However I would do this only after being stable. Stick to cocoa based, low fat brownies and cakes and the like until then.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#177374 - 05/07/05 11:16 PM
notadocter

Are there any cocca based, low fat brownies and cakes I can buy, or do I have to make these? Can I get a list of the low fat brownies and cakes I can buy or the ingredients I can use for them.

#177376 - 05/07/05 11:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

The safest bet is to make them yourself - I've never been able to find anything like that in stores that is 100% safe.

Do a search on the IBS Recipe Exchange for recipes and the ingredients. Look for peppermint fudge cake, or anti-depressant brownies.. those are good ones.
Look through the recipe index in the desserts section for other recipes.
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#177382 - 05/07/05 11:44 PM
notadocter

I was afraid I'd have to make them myself, I have never made these before, this is going to tough. I wonder how brownies and cake can be low in fat and good for this diet, how is this possible.

Not only possible - but yummy new
      #177389 - 05/08/05 05:04 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It's called substitutions. Instead of using whole eggs, you use only the whites, and instead of using lots of fat - you use less and use applesauce. You should try these -- they are a big hit everywhere I take them. Learning to cook is going to make your IBS much easier to deal with.

#177396 - 05/08/05 06:34 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

No Pudge Brownie mix is safe, make it with applesauce and vanilla extract like it says on the side of the box instead of with yogurt like the regular directions on the back of the box say. I've seen the mix at my local grocery store and at Trader Joe's.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4550 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 740

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review