All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question to all the A's out there(don't think there's too many...)
      #177293 - 05/07/05 11:01 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I know I was diagnosed with C, and am on Zelnorm and all is well, but I do get D once a month or so, or with certain triggers(ie; certain dairies) so I thought I was an A. And Casey- when you said you get D attacks wehen you're allergic....I had one the other day,and have allergies/bronchitis/a sinus infection that's viral. But I normally am much more C than D. When D comes, it's for 6 hours of HELL, I sleep, then I'm fine. I truly believe there's so much we don't know about IBS-someone told me she thinks it's just a blanket term for food intolerances, or for digestive allergies.

Now I'm rambling. What do you think, am I an A?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

anyone can get D on occasion... new
      #177295 - 05/07/05 11:10 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if you get D more often then a few times a year you mgiht be an A.. I know I'm an A... I have an C that leads to explosive farts (as in liquid) D that comes out solid.... or anything in between, on top of the gas and bloat and cramps when I am C or D...

hope that helps...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Yes, that's exactly me!! new
      #177559 - 05/08/05 09:45 PM
_Willow

When i have dairy it's like everything in me ferments and turns bubbly, and I get AWFUL cramps, for about an hour, and then poop-it comes out hard at first, then as it progresses, gets softer till it's almost liquid, then I'm feeling great. But it will be like 5-6 poops till I'm back to normal.

So is that A? It happens with dairy, with too much coffee, and with major stress. But since I'm so normally C, it's almost a welcome sight, you know?

And my doctor has me on Zelnorm and I feel super!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by SoreTummyMommy (05/08/05 09:47 PM)

Re: Question to all the A's out there(don't think there's too many...) new
      #177564 - 05/08/05 10:20 PM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

I'm kind of all over the place... for several months last year, I was all D, but then I went very hard C. Now my output is very unpredictable. I feel like I haven't done anything BUT poop for the last week!

Can't win... can't give up. lol

My doc had me on NuLev last year and it helped when I was severely into D, but I'm not taking it now. I'm hoping for diet control. I just want to get rid of the abdominal pain... I don't care what comes out!!

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

Re: Yes, that's exactly me!! new
      #177591 - 05/09/05 07:34 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I am an A. But I will actually go from one side of the spectrum to the other (or at least I used to before I got stable). I would have painful C and unable to go poo for like a week or two and then have explosive D that would last for days, and then I would be fine for awhile and then start the cycle all over again. But now mostly D if I get an attack like if I get stressed or eat trigger foods.

Hope this helps,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

That's kind of where I am too. new
      #177684 - 05/09/05 11:46 AM
_Willow

just want the pain and bloating gone, and I don't care if it comes out hard or soft.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Yes, that's exactly me!! new
      #177762 - 05/09/05 02:24 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

I have pretty much the same symptoms as you mentioned. I heard a GI doc term this as paroxymal(spell?) diarrhea. Basically I think when it happens to me,and I don't go for awhile, I get FOS, and then get so backed up that the BM just pushes it's way out no matter what. It feels terrible. I get that bad gas and when I am at work am always looking for an escape route. I started Zelnorm several days ago and so far feel much better. Not sure about the BM situation though.

I don't think I'd consider you an A... new
      #177814 - 05/09/05 06:53 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...until you *regularly* flop back and forth from C to D and vice versa. I was a straight D for years... I only consider myself an A now because I've been alternating for more than a year consistently.

Amie's right... anyone can get D from time to time, regardless of their usual type. D is a really common menstrual side effect, for example, even among non-IBS'ers. I really don't think it's a blanket term for food intolerances or allergies - both of those are very different cause-wise from a misfunctioning colon. On the other hand, those CAN cause IBS-like symptoms, which is why it's a good idea to get tested for food allergies if you're even suspecting that they might be the culprit.

Now who's rambling? haha. I definitely agree that there's a LOT that's not understood about IBS.

Paroxysmal pooping...and Casey... new
      #178013 - 05/10/05 01:09 PM
_Willow

That makes sense, like you're so FOS that it just liquefies and turns to D till you're empty, then it's back to C.

I would think if i was truly A, then Zelnorm would be a mess for me. I can be confident that this is the right plan of action for me then. I have had D for a few days, and before that was OK, not C at all. But then agian, it was DIRECTLY linked to dairy. I should get checked for an allergy.

Thx again, you ladies are brilliant!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review