All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Shirl does NOT have IBS
      #177250 - 05/07/05 04:02 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

For over 2 yrs I ve suffered. Back in Feb and March of 03 I was so sick I thought I was gonna die, couldnt eat a thing a dropped to 104. Been to a "few" docs (In Canada) before moving to the USA. Was told over and over, you have IBS live with it, change diet etc.
Well, here it is May 05 and I am now in NC. Called up a gastro doc in the yellow pages, BOOM a week later I was in to see him. he was very upset that I had what he called "The label" stamped on my forhead saying IBS. Yes we all know it is a group of symtoms, and yes some of us DO have IBS. Yesterday for the FIRST time ever, I had the upper endoscopy done. My MAJOR and #1 complaint all along was upper gas and bloating, with a small sometimes sharp pain right under the breasts in the middle.
I do have a Hiatal Hernia, and next week I am being tested for gall bladder.
Makes sense to me now no wonder I started back drinking coffee and had no problems, could eat and drink things that those with IBS couldn't.
Anyways, I am so relieved to finally get a GOOD doctor and get some answers. He could not believe I had not even had any tests done besides a xray.
ok, I am done thanks for letting me share this with you. I will still be back often to share some awesome IBS safe recipes with ya'all. Besides if I don't pop in for a visit Kree will hunt me down at zaar and remind me lovingly that IBS board is alive and well.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shirl does NOT have IBS new
      #177279 - 05/07/05 09:32 AM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Wow, Shirl, that's great, that you don't have IBS, I mean. Is this hernia thing fixable? What a load off your mind that must be. hope it all works out for you.

Congrats, on no IBS. My Dh has hiatial hernia(we think) new
      #177284 - 05/07/05 10:36 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

he's going to be scoped soon. he was unofficially diagnosed with it last year but never had a scope. I can tell you that he has GERD too, but he won't hear that, lol.

But, hernias requitre the same love that IBS does, and eating tiny meals will still be a huge help to you. It's also surgically fixable! (lucky duck!)

Good luck with your new quest, and welcome back those foods you did without!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Congrats, on no IBS. My Dh has hiatial hernia(we think) new
      #177300 - 05/07/05 12:25 PM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

soretummymommy
I see your from Edmonton...... I was born and raised in northern Albeta one hr north of Edmonton (Westlock area) so I noitced your location. I lived out in Seba Beach/Stony Plain area for a bit before moving to NC. Hows the weather?

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

#177317 - 05/07/05 04:07 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

How great that you found a doctor who was willing to look a little further than the others! Good luck with your future treatment and don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Josephine

#177344 - 05/07/05 07:11 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Congrats Shirl, but you better still come back with those recipes!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 766

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review