Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
To Notadocter, please read with care, your friend Ruchie
      #177038 - 05/06/05 05:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Notadocter,

In response to your recent post on bloating...

I had doctors telling me I needed sinus surgery. For over a year and a half I was on some of the strongest anitbiotics on the market. Then I had nightmeres before setting up a 2nd opinion with an ENT about surgery. I knew something was wrong. So...I sent my CT Scan copies to my hometown ENT. He told me to get checked for migraines by a neurologist and that; no, he didn't think my sinuses looked bad enough for surgery. Turns out it WAS migraines the whole time! All that medicine and aggravation....because no one thought of migraines! Doctors do NOT know everything and some know more than others. Therefore we must learn to listen to our bodies.......

I have been on these boards for 2.5 years now. And I am just scratching the surface of what I need to do to keep well. Gluten makes me bloated, gassy, over emotional, fatigued, and it brings on fibro symptoms as well as migraines. Sugar contribtes to the above symptoms as well. Cucumbers give me a full-on IBS attack every time. Dairy can give me symptoms of sinusitis in addition to migraines and gas/bloating.... I learned all of this in time, with patience, and by doing RESEARCH! You can too...you must listen to your body and treat it with care. It's not about looking muscular or fit...if you had a baby to care for...what would be your primary goal? That the baby looks good? No way! You would give that baby the best care possible! If someone told you milk was bad for your baby-- you would read labels like a fiend making sure nothing had a trace of the stuff! Treat yourself with that care...you deserve it! *hugs* It is ok to be confused. Relish in it. The more confused you are...use that energy to investigate! You can do this *hugs*

If I am stable I can eat many fruits raw as well as some veggies. If I am unstable, even water can bring on attack...or not even eating at all. "Not even eating can cause an attack? If that's possible...then how will I EVER figure this out?" You have to get stable before you can truly figure things out. And even then...you will get out-of-the-blue attacks as IBS is CHRONIC and unpredictable. That is the nature of a chronic illness...and unfortunately for better or for worse...you have IBS. And this WILL effect you for life. A person taking medicine for migraines (I know this from personal experience), will still get migraines. I rarely get them anymore, thank G-d! But the herb I am taking for it keeps me stable most of the time. However...even with the herb I take...if I eat gluten, a sure trigger--I get a migraine (like I did yesterday! And yes, I ate gluten by accident. But my body doesn't know the difference.....).

The good news is...my quality of life is GOOD! Perfect, perhaps not. BUT I eat healthier than the average population in our society. My fibro flares and IBS are pretty calm and do not stop me from living my life most of the time. And I have learned a lot about myself. It's neat getting to know your body and learning to how to stop and listen to it. I'm GLAD I have had all these medical challenges because it has helped shape me to be a sensative, caring, and nurturing individual! Hurray for IBS!!! Not to mention this fantastic bunch of righteous people I have met on these boards who love and support me always and forever...love to you all *blowing a kiss, and sending cyber hugs*

So you see my friend...having IBS is a detective game. This site gives you the clues. The FOUNDATION on your journey to healing IBS and getting well. You must USE the clues as your guiding light on your search for wellness. But YOU have to figure out the rest of the puzzle in order to come out on top. And you WILL come out on top!!! And we'll help you on the journey...but the clues are all here with a click of the search button and by simply reading them everyday. (Something I did SEVERAL TIMES A DAY until I had memorized them). P.S. I used to carry the book everywhere I went....

I have 7 learning disabilities so I can understand needing reminders. Maybe you can ask someone on the site to be your buddy...someone you can pose your questions to daily in an e-mail? This way no one on the boards becomes frustrated with your (neccessarily), repeated questions that are all answered on the site. This might be hepful in figuring all of this out without this added stress...just a thought

In any case...we're all here for you. We want everyone to get well! But we all have to use the clues and do our homework one way or another

Sending you good use of the search button, a magnifying glass to zoom in on your personal IBS triggers, the frequently asked questions as a map to guide you, and a Sherlock Holmes outfit to fit the part Now go get some clues!!!!

Your friend
Ruchie~~~

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To Notadocter, please read with care, your friend Ruchie new
      #177054 - 05/06/05 06:35 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Rache - well stated. I think I'm going to print this up and hang it on my fridge. You gave us all some inspirational thoughts to live by!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

That was gorgeous, yenta!! new
      #177062 - 05/06/05 07:00 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

You are so positive, and that's so what notadocter needs right now. Cheers to you!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

MCV...it took me over an hour to write this! new
      #177152 - 05/06/05 12:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

So I'm glad someone can benefit from it

All my life I have endured much suffering and pain. My only hope is to help people. If I've helped you at ALL then I'm glad to be alive...

You made my day bright *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: That was gorgeous, yenta!! new
      #177153 - 05/06/05 12:58 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Shannon...but mmmmm...what's a yenta? I don't know all the Yiddush there is to know. I've heard this word before...but I can't seem to recollect what it means

I've just been through a lot...so I know what it' like

Have a super Friday *hugs* Love ya

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: That was gorgeous, yenta!! new
      #177154 - 05/06/05 01:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Brilliant Rache! You're a darling.

Fabulous Rache!!! new
      #177155 - 05/06/05 01:12 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Well said and very thoughtful l'il sis! :cool:

It's something like "my little Jewish darling"....and I'm a WASP, lol... new
      #177207 - 05/06/05 05:12 PM
_Willow

a white anglo saxon Protestant Christian! But hey, I know the roots of it all!!
i have a good friend on my moms board who calls me yenta all the time, I loooove it,it's so cute!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#177245 - 05/06/05 11:02 PM
notadocter

Reged: 04/26/05

Thanks for the advice, I find this site to be terrific. It has helped me so much, while there have been ups and downs, to be honest, having this site I feel better in my stomach and can see improvement most of the time, a big plus. If anybody would like to, I would be happy to PM or email somebody with questions, I do make use of the search, and it has helped, but that would be good. I definetly see a lot of positive things on here and want to thank the encouragement, my symptoms are better, but I still have a long road ahead, but with your help I know I have the best oppurtunity to suceed.

#177425 - 05/08/05 09:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

GREAT attitude Notadoc!

You've grown a LOT since joining the boards...you should be proud

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I second that! new
      #177438 - 05/08/05 10:39 AM
_Willow

And it's great to see! Now if we can get you excited about cooking, we'll have you where you need to be!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I second that! new
      #177451 - 05/08/05 12:57 PM
notadocter

I actually made my first dinner last night, a variation of the Turkey burger listed on this. It came out fantasic, I tried to make baked apple, but I think I did not core the apple right, I made a post on it and if I could get help that would fantastic.

attn:notadoctor new
      #177501 - 05/08/05 06:42 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

shell's turkey meatloaf recipe is REALLY, REALLY good
my boyfriend loves it and it is really easy to make so you should find that one and try it

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: attn:notadoctor new
      #177528 - 05/08/05 08:00 PM
notadocter

Thanks, now if people would stop complaining about my posts I think it would all be straight here. I obviously do a search before I post a new topic, but when I do a search and don't find information on certain foods, people shouldn't be complaining or calling it repetitive, that hardly is repetitive and is disruptive to my educational purposes for being here to begin.

You're doing just fine! new
      #177541 - 05/08/05 08:47 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

No Worries, notadoctor...

I know it may have been a rocky start, but as everyone has been saying, you've come a long way, and you are doing quite well. Everyone can learn something from the questions other people ask, I find it particularly helpful. Sometimes I would never even have thought to ask the question, but the question (and answers) give me great ideas.

I'm not sure, maybe you've just recently read something that made you feel otherwise, but--at least to me--you, and your questions are quite welcome here. I'm pretty new too, so I don't always have the answers, but I'm happy to share what I've learned, and to learn with you.

Surely, searching and just reading the archives is great, you can learn so much that way. I often just sit and read at night, to get a better understanding. But, if you have a question, and can't find the answer, then ask. Someone else might be wondering the same thing.

You're obviously working quite hard to understand, and learning very quickly. I'm glad to have you as a part of the community.

Best of luck in your continuing journey to health.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

WTG man!!! new
      #177556 - 05/08/05 09:33 PM
_Willow

*pat on the back from Shannon**
I bought an apple corer. that made my life a lot easier. You can get them as rounded looking knives, or as things that slice the apple into pieces and pop the core out at the same time. that sort of look slike a mini ferris wheel. You can buy them at the local dollar store.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Agreed, Alyssa, and, notadoc.... new
      #177557 - 05/08/05 09:36 PM
_Willow

hang in there. I think people were just getting frustrated because you had SO many questions. I know even I was for a while.

But you're doing great, don't give up, and keep asking questions, as long as you make sure you haven't asked them before. Make sure you check your own posts every day or they'll get lost.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Agreed, Alyssa, and, notadoc.... new
      #177560 - 05/08/05 10:05 PM
notadocter

Apparently some have still been trying to get rid of me by emailing the person in charge of this site and complaining that I am asking repetetive questions. I want to thank you two for your praise, it is shame that somebody as myself working hard to help their own health has to deal with people who are trying to interefere with my education. I do not want to reach a point where I am afraid to ask a question or do a serach, knowing that the next question I ask might get somebody to needlessly complain and that a serach will lead to such questions, of which I can't get an answer if I can't speak. I don't see how I can irritate people, but I guess a few on here have strayed from the mission, that being to improve health, and choose to be here to form clans against others. That's not right when it's my health that is being sacrificed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1874 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review