All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: so-called 'SFS' new
      #178110 - 05/10/05 08:39 PM
FennelGirl

Reged: 05/05/05

hi again, sorry for the late reply!! anyway, did you see my other post? i talked about the psyllium brand i use. it's the Yerba Buena brand "whole husks" and i mix slightly less than a tsp. into slightly more than a tsp. of acacia and do it twice a day. i worked VERY VERY VERY slowly up to that amount and am still slooowly working up to a bit more. i increase my acacia before i ever increase my psyllium. another good thing about mixing the 2, i stir the 2 fibers before adding water, and it seems to disolve much better. i found that i often got white clumps when i mixed the acacia, even if i put just a small bit of water to dissolve it somewhat before adding the whole glassful. (i still do that, but it just works better now.)

someone else talked about using psyllium in addition to acacia, only she used psyllium right before bed. i've never tried that, but i really hope you find what works for you!

OH and one more thing, in addition to my bouts of C, the other main symptom i had was tons of gas... it was AWFUL!!! luckilly, it very rarely ever smelled! but now i don't really get that much... mostly just in the morning, haha! but it seems to go away soon.

ok ok ok, LAST thing i swear. in addition to the fiber thing, and cutting out most fats, i also cut out ALL glutens (like, same stuff you can't eat w/ celiac disease.) i probably did that for 2-3 months, maybe more, and then SLOOWLY re-introduced it back into my diet, and now i can eat it with moderation. like a sandwich or something, or a small amount of a side pasta... basically as long as i don't sit down to a giant plate of spaghetti & meatballs or mac & cheese... which i don't think would be good for ANYone on this webpage anyway!! haha (too bad, spag.&MB's used to be my alltime favorite as a kid.)

so, sorry for the super long message, but i totally know what you're going through (gee, i think a lot of people here do, unfortunately!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2118

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review