All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
belly pain especially at nigh
      #176347 - 05/03/05 07:58 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

Does anyone get pain in their lower belly, guess it feels like spasms, at night when trying to sleep? It feels like period cramps but isn't. I wonder if advil will work for it. I don't have any though:( I've been taking enzymes and it stops D but I've been thinking I can have dairy products with the enzymes since it has lactase in them. I think it could be the dairy trying to digest that is giving me all this pain. Is it just constipation...I've been going so I'm lost.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: belly pain especially at nigh new
      #176353 - 05/03/05 08:20 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

It's probably gas pains, I get them often and they become esp noticeable when I lie down.

I'd definitely STOP all dairy b/c the enzymes don't help you to digest the casein and whey proteins in dairy which are both very hard for the IBS gut to handle. I can't touch ANY dairy at all, even the small amount that they add to pills as one of the inactive ingredients. Makes me so mad that they do this in some meds b/c many others don't have any dairy in them and it's absolutely not necc to add it!

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: belly pain especially at nigh new
      #176527 - 05/04/05 10:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah you have to give up ALL dairy I'm afraid! You have to follow the diet 100% until you start to stabilise or you might never stabilise.

Could be cramps, could be gas. And you can still be C if you're going! Then you're just going ENOUGH.

Btw, Advil is an NSAID and as such is an IBS trigger of it's own! So go for tylenol or tylenol-plus (tho that can make C worse) instead.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 470 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review