Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Updates on Birth Control new
      #175612 - 05/02/05 05:31 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

* I'm on Loette
* I've been on it for three and a half years, came off recently for two months and am now back on it as of last week.
* I get really snappy and irritable - when I came off for those two months I was a premenstrual monster for both of the periods I had. I get a little pain and such, the pain is actually worse on the pills... but frankly it's better that I'm hurting than everyone else in a two mile radius is hurting!
* I've also been on depo provera, which may have made me depressed... or it may have been the lifestyle I had at the time, which involved a bad boyfriend, a horrible leaky house with MICE and a crappy job. I find Loette reduces my libido somewhat, so I tried Norimin for three months and I went up to a D-cup! Only trouble with that was my enomous breasts were really tender, so while the man loved it.. he wasn't allowed to touch!
Also when I came off Loette recently for those couple of months my skin went really really bad. I had heaps of these little hard ball things, like one on the outside of every pore on my face, decolletage and upper back. I'd get these sort of gritty bits every time I scratched - sort of like blakheads but you could scratch the solid plug of gunk out. Five days into taking Loette again, it's rapidly returning to normal, if a little oily. I'm finding my IBS symptoms are a little worse, but my hormones aren't as wild.

--------------------
*Emma*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#175620 - 05/02/05 06:40 AM
marija

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Highland Park, IL

Emma, sounds like your life situation certainly could have caused those feelings while on the depo.

Everyone, I appreciate hearing your stories!! I'm now leaning toward trying the patch first. But the big message I've gotten in all my research is if the one you're on doesn't make you happy, keep trying with a different one. But you also have to give the one you're on enough time (but not too much time!).

One thing I definitely don't want to increase is breast size In fact, it'd be a nice effect if they got smaller!

Thanks again

#175624 - 05/02/05 06:51 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I have been on the patch since about it hit the market, can't remember how long ago that was, but it has been a few years. The only thing I don't like is that around the edge of the patch you will start to get a dirt ring by the end of the week. I still prefer it to the pill, though. It aslo makes my periods ultra predictable. To the day! I get no breakthrough bleeding whatsoever. On the Depo shot, I never STOPPED getting my period, had it off and on for six + months until I switched off of it. I was also depressed on Depo, but htat may have had to do with my abusive BF at the time.
I am a big advocate of the patch, but I know thatit varies on what is good for one person, and what is good for another!
Good luck

--------------------
-Sheri

#175629 - 05/02/05 07:10 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh yeah I hate that gunky dirt ring by the end of the week... just like if you left a bandaid on for a week. I still prefer it to the pill though too!

#175645 - 05/02/05 07:47 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...now on Implanon, was on Depo until a month or so ago. Pre-depo I had mild to moderate PMS and that was before I developed IBS. With Depo I gradually got no periods at all and zero PMS stuff. Haven't noticed any change since switching to Implanon.

#175901 - 05/02/05 03:55 PM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I take Micrette it's a very low dose of estogen. I been on them for about 3 yrs now. I haven't noticed if they help my IBS or not.. Knock on wood, I've been pretty stable lately..

#176278 - 05/03/05 03:12 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

-What you are on
cilest
-How long you've been on it 7 years no break

-What was PMS (indicate if there was none) and IBS like before this one. no IBS til last year, PMS never really a problem

-What these are like now, and if you feel the bc had any effect on it no change

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review