Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Grdnangel
      #175080 - 04/29/05 10:49 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I thought I should move your posts over here because it was taking up a bunch of space on the fitness board, and this is the board we usually use for diet stuff.

I wanted to ask you, after reading your last post, are you ready and willing to give up Burger King and hamburger and all that stuff to try and make your tummy better?
I know that it's really hard, and it's even harder for someone your age and the idea of cutting out so many foods you are used to eating isn't much fun but I really think that you should give it a try.

I think not only will your D and cramps get lessened, you will also find that by eating healthier some of your weight will come off too.
Exercise is important for both IBS and weight loss, so I'd definitely give that a try too.

If you do want to give it a try, we will all be here to support you and answer any questions you might have.

What do you think?
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ack! SORRY! new
      #175091 - 04/29/05 11:13 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I'm so sorry, I mixed you up with somebody else who posted recently who is 14! Sorry about the age thing!!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Ack! SORRY! new
      #175146 - 04/29/05 02:37 PM
Grdnangel

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: Rhode Island

Its okay about the age, I said that i was around that age when it all happend, could have contributed to the problem...Thanks for watching over me in here..ill get the hang of it eventually. Just so you know I went to Borders this afternoon before my 5pm-2am shift and picked up 2 books Heather's eating for IBS book and the first year IBS book by her too...figured id read through all that stuff and see what its alot about and go from there...And yes i know i gotta get my chubby bumm moving

Hello!! new
      #175227 - 04/29/05 09:44 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm a sore tummy mommy and a big bummy mommy. And I can tell you that in the few weeks I've been on Heather's diet and fallen off the wagon, I can tell an absolute difference in my symptoms. I'm eating less, eating better, and have alreayd lost 7 pounds!!! And I SWORE it couldn't come off!!!

I'm 5'2 and 190 lbs as of today. And if you need a buddy, I'm with you. i have C, but get D if I'm not careful too.

Welcome, girl, you have a friend in me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Welcome! new
      #175259 - 04/30/05 06:03 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Welcome to the Eating for IBS board. Heather's books are great and the Boards are a wonderful source of support and further information.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Grdnangel new
      #176706 - 05/04/05 10:38 PM
Grdnangel

Hello Everyone,
Figured id let you know whats going on...I have been reading the books i bought and are slowly trying to mix all that stuff in to get used to changing the way im eating to get a good balance. Ive been drinking Green tea since saturday and have bought fiber suppliments and been taking them...I havent had a really bad attack since monday...I had a little bit of an urgent trip last night but not painful which was cool. Im getting some of my energy back i think from the green tea and all, and sleeping a little better, we'll see how i do like this. My mother just informed me that she had a nervous breakdown a wk from last saturday so now im dealing with that stress but im trying my best to keep rested. tty all soon

Overwieght with IBS new
      #176707 - 05/04/05 10:41 PM
Grdnangel

This Thread was originally on the fitness board If anyone wants to check that out and give me their input on being overweight with IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 934 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1120

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review