All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My IBS
      #17438 - 08/15/03 12:39 PM
Dori

Reged: 08/15/03

Hi Heather,I can see you are very busy and hope you have a minute. I am seeing an MD in internal medicine who told me it is 99% sure that it is IBS. That we'll do a barium enema to be sure and reassure me and if I want also a colonoscopy. I'd rather not have either but I'll probably get the BE. It's just scary to me. I have IBS constipation and my attacks are so bad I get fainty and my heart races. It feels like my colon is spasiming from the throat to the rear end. I also get weird unreal feelings that I know are connected to this attack; and migraine headache. It's very frightening. Question is would you say that it is definitely IBS if she said that and also how do I make it through the test?! Also heat really gets me into an attack and I dry out so fast even though I drink 8-10 waters a day. Gatorade helps; what else would with this? Thanks so much for your time and books!! I have Eating For IBS and it has helped so much. You are a blessing! Sincerely, Terri ( from Ca. 108 degrees and hot)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My IBS new
      #17445 - 08/15/03 12:48 PM
Free2bDee

Reged: 07/22/03

Hi Terri, I'm also from California. (Southern) It sure sounds like you're going through quite a lot of suffering. I'm so sorry to hear it.
I know that Heather and the others here will be able to answer some of your questions...

Take care of yourself and good luck with the testing,

--------------------
~Deborah

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 413 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review