All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Peppermint caps... new
      #175192 - 04/29/05 06:07 PM
notadocter

Reged: 04/26/05

If pure maple syrup has fructose, then why is it healthier to have than maple syrup? Thanks for the information, I guess when I have pure maple syrup having smaller portions can make a difference.

I notice that when I have had peppermint capsules, they have not relieved me as good as peppermint tea, I wonder if as you said they really aren't as good for this, which is too bad because the capsules are much easier to take.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#175200 - 04/29/05 07:33 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Peppermint caps tend to be one of those prevention things rather than an immediate remedy like tea. As Linz said, the heat of the tea is very soothing to the digestive system, which has an immediate effect. The peppermint caps work slowly through your stomach and intestines to soothe it over time, so you take them a few times a day and generally notice that you're getting less spasms after a few days. You'll still want to keep the tea around though to help you out when your feeling bad.

The heat seems to help you - have you tried a hot pack??? I find this works wonders to soothe a bloated tummy within a few mins.

I don't know much about the fructose content of maple syrup but I think those things are best in small amounts (honey, maple syrup), as in around a tbsp at a time tops. If you're looking for something to put on pancakes, I like applesauce and cinnamon even better than maple syrup

#175236 - 04/29/05 11:11 PM
notadocter

Reged: 04/26/05

Thanks retro, I can't explain how helpful your answers to me are.
I notice with peppermint tea that it does relieve me, but this lasts for about 20 minutes, is there a way I can make it so the effect of the tea lasts more, should I drink 2 cups, I want more than 20 minutes when experience bloating.

The only problem with cinamon is that it doesn't come in a sauce you can dip wheat free waffles in. I imagine whipped cream is good on this too.

NotADoctor, one suggestion ... new
      #175288 - 04/30/05 09:11 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

The only problem with cinamon is that it doesn't come in a sauce you can dip wheat free waffles in. I imagine whipped cream is good on this too.

When you make a joke like this one, put a after it. It's one of the Instant Graemlins right below the box you compose your posts in. That way everybody knows you're joking about the whipped cream. It's a little easier on the blood pressure than thinking you're serious. Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

LOL! I agree!!! new
      #175317 - 04/30/05 12:14 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I thought you were serious!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32924

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review