All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sample diets request
      #173125 - 04/24/05 12:43 PM
Ghost

Reged: 04/24/05

Hello all, I am a new IBS sufferer. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out by posting some examples of what their daily menu looks like. (Portion sizes would be helpful, too.) I am trying to get some tips on what others have found useful for breaking up the day's food into manageable portions. Thank you!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Check out the fitness forum... new
      #173127 - 04/24/05 12:46 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

...people report in on what they ate everyday, sould give you a pretty good idea! Generally, I eat 5-6 meals a day. 3 squares is just too much food at once for most folks and it also tends to leave the stomach empty for too long.

And by the way, welcome!

Welcome. new
      #173151 - 04/24/05 02:16 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This is a good place for you and your IBS to be.

Retrograde is right about checking out the fitness forum for detailed menus. Like her, I eat several times a day: pre-breakfast, breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. Not too much at one time, not too long between eating opportunities.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Welcome. new
      #173326 - 04/25/05 05:37 AM
Ghost

Reged: 04/24/05

Dear Sand and Retrograde,

Thank you both for the welcomes, and for the pointer. I will look at the fitness forum and see what they have there.

I am in a bit of a bind with this recent (well, several months running now) IBS "realization," since I am a vegan who is already far under a healty weight. The continuous onset of back-and-forth symptoms (you know them...) has made it even harder, so that has me sort of scrambling. The hardest part, of course, is managing the stress that comes with it all. Luckily, I have a strong meditation practice that is crucial and really my rock to stand on.

Anyway, thank you both again.

- Justin

Re: Check out the fitness forum... new
      #173429 - 04/25/05 10:39 AM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

Is going to long really a cause for bloating, I notice when I go 5 hours without eating or wakeup in the morning I am bloated, is this why?
How long should be the limit.

Re: Check out the fitness forum... new
      #173432 - 04/25/05 10:42 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

You probably shouldn't go more than a few hours without eating. I try to eat every 3 hours - just something small.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review