All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Digestive Advantage - new product?!?
      #173014 - 04/23/05 06:53 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

One of my residents gave me this clipping from a magazine advertising a new IBS treatment called Digestive Advantage that is supposed to relieve diarrhea, C, and everything in between with just one tablet per day. Free sample at www.genedenbiotech.com or 1-800-406-4650

Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Digestive Advantage - new product?!? new
      #173015 - 04/23/05 07:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I got lost on your website, but I'm pretty sure it's just a probiotic (mainly acidophilus sp?) so pretty much will do the same as all the other ones. My chemist said that it's no better than others. Plus it's very expensive and you have to take about 4 a day. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

#173016 - 04/23/05 07:25 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

i just checked out the site and It says that you just have to take 1 daily and it is sold in CVS and other pharamacies for 32 pills it is $7.99 (US). I sent for a free sample so I will let you know.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

#173039 - 04/23/05 08:47 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I've tried it and it didnt' help me.. but its worth a shot!

--------------------

#173053 - 04/23/05 10:53 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

that product made my ibs worse it seem like. so i quit takeing that product. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: Digestive Advantage - new product?!? BCAN5558 new
      #173631 - 04/25/05 07:18 PM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

I have veen taking Digetive Advantage-IBS since December. It's not very expensive at all, you just need to call a few places that carry it and check prices. The last one we got was $6.99 for a supply of 32 chewables. Personally, I have found it to be very helpful as long as I stick with it. It does state that all is required is one (1) daily unless you a are sensitive individual. In that case, it says to take two.

I also states in the insert that if a person is menstruating or sick, they have to supplement by adding a bit extra.

We were also informed by the Pharmacist that if we ever go to another store (i.e.) like Walmart, do not ask to speak with the store manager but to ask to speak with the Pharmacist and see if they will order it for you. Chances are that it will be even cheaper than the other stores, unless it's on sale.

Hope this is helpful. Heidi

#173745 - 04/26/05 06:34 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I have been on it for about 1 month...It seems to be helping quite a bit - especially with the gas. Though - I have increased it with my period. Anne

Re: Digestive Advantage - new product?!? Tried didn't like new
      #173809 - 04/26/05 09:44 AM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

I initially tried it too last year and didn't notice much but it didn't make me worse either. I started taking it again this year and have been on it since. I find it beneficial. It may not be the greatest product out there but for me personally, I haven't had a negative reaction to it. I don't think I gave it a fair chance the first time I tried it last year. In my case I believe I needed to take it more than a month for it to get into my system since I have a severe case of IBS. They also say it's good for people who are lactose intolerant although it's meant for IBS. I often wondered if lactose intolerance and IBS are tied together but I've stood corrected on this question before. Heidi

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1328

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review