All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lemonade?
      #172722 - 04/22/05 11:59 AM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

I searched for lemonade on the boards and not too many things came up... I know lemons are acidic, but would it be really bad? (Yeah, the first good weather in boston has me REALLY wanting lemonade)

I drank a Nantucket Nectar lemonade yesterday, not the whole thing at once... it's basically just water, cane sugar, and lemon. It didn't seem to make anything worse.. but I drank it when I was not that stable (dumb), so it was hard to tell...

???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lemonade? new
      #172763 - 04/22/05 02:54 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Listen to your body. It is a very acidic drink but you may be able to manage it on occasion after a safe soluble fibre meal.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#172875 - 04/23/05 12:47 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

And ONLY drink one's like you were drinking. "Regular" store lemonade (even the cloudy stuff) is chocka with HFCS, sweeteners, etc...as well as the carbonation.

#172915 - 04/23/05 08:11 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Heather has 2 lemonade recipes in Eating for IBS (the peach one sounds yummy), but in both cases she says to serve with meals, so I'd say only try it when you've got a good base of SF. (Bet lemonade doesn't sound nearly as good today as it did a couple of days ago. There's also a "Rainy Day Lemon and Ginger Tea" in the book - that sounds more like what our part of the country needs today.)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#173034 - 04/23/05 08:18 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

hi i drink lemonade alot. i drink the small koolaid lemonade packages what are in grocery stores. i havent got sick yet from this lemonade. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#175463 - 05/01/05 08:51 AM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

As an IBS and UC - c I have been searching the message board for input on the use of lemon water. I had read in a yoga book that a little lemon juice in warm water, first thing in the morning is good for healthy elimination b/c lemons are actually alkaline. After reading this thread, I searched on-line for lemon and alkaline and discovered among others, the following site: http://www.infowest.com/business/g/gentle/lemon.html
It talks about the importance of balance between acid and alkaline diet, and actually blames the sugar and suggests maple syrup instead as a sweetener.
Has anyone with c tried the lemon water?

About Ph diet: It works!! Try eliminating acid from Heather's diet. new
      #175469 - 05/01/05 09:22 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Just wanted to post in reply and mention I'm on a Ph diet (more restrictive than Heather's) and this is the only thing that's kept me stable. I've eliminated acid-y foods from my diet and it's amazing that something so simple works such miracles.

If you're still having problems with Heather's diet (like I was), try focusing more on the alkali foods and not on acid ones (especially drinks!!).

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 814

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review