All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yeast infections and IBS
      #172222 - 04/21/05 12:36 PM
Tweet

Reged: 02/10/05

I suffer with yeast infections as well as IBS. It seems that all the things that I can eat having IBS causes yeast and vice versa. Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yep, guilty... new
      #172266 - 04/21/05 01:36 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Just noticed that I had one this week.

For me, I take a Diflucan, but it gives me D for a day, but it clears out the candida and you're good for a long while. i find that monistat etc. is useless.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Yeast infections and IBS new
      #172279 - 04/21/05 01:55 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

I had a nasty one last year that took 6 months to clear but have remaining "issues". I'd bet there's a connection there.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#172304 - 04/21/05 02:46 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Taking probiotics and/or eating soy yogurt are supposed to be good for both things.

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

for me personally, new
      #172310 - 04/21/05 03:01 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

soy yogurt was useless, but i think i had a pretty nasty case. i can handle the day of cramping supreme for the fact that I don't itch again for 6 months. Otherwise, it follows AF every month, sigh.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#172720 - 04/22/05 11:56 AM
Tweet

Reged: 02/10/05

Thanks everyone for your responses! I try to eat as much yogurt as I can but it gives me so much gas and pain! Monistat does nothing for me either but neither does diflucan. Terazol helped a lot. But it just takes me a while to recover because I eat so many carbs and yeast feeds off of the sugar. I'm gonna try the soy yogurt, I'll keep you all posted!!

#172723 - 04/22/05 12:05 PM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

This isn't totally on topic, but there are a lot of alternative medicine doctors who believe that candida (the bacteria that causes yeast infections) actually has a relationship with IBS too -- this of course would dispute the brain/gut theory, but I think it's not necessarily the same cause for everyone who has the symptoms. I had a friend who had IBS symptoms, and was actually on a diet for candida overgrowth, and her syptoms went away .. weird.

I've never had a yeast infection (thankfully) so I don't really have any advice, except that probiotics are really good but definitely not immediate. Be careful with antibiotics because they can upset the bacteria balance in your stomach.

Good luck!

#172948 - 04/23/05 11:14 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I got mild ones often and my doc would prescribe diflucan. But, when I started taking Jarro EPS (probiotic), I noticed I didn't have one for a long time. I went back to get more and they were out, so I tried a different brand. I just got another one recently, but I had taken antibiotics a few weeks ago, so I think that may have been the culprit. Anyway, I called my store and they have the Jarro back, so I'm going to get back on that. My whole point to this babbling is I believe the probiotic helps prevent yeast infections.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3927

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review