All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Natropath appt....
      #172053 - 04/21/05 01:06 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

Hi guys - thought I'd update you on my first natropath (herbalist) appointment. It was SO nice to talk to someone who, instead of looking at me like a freak and telling me to get over myself, actually pre-empted what I was going to say! She understood completely, which nearly reduced me to tears (but thankfully I held it together!!).

We talked for about an hour or so about my family history, my medical history and about what symptoms I'm having now and after lots of writing (she did), she has put me on a herbal tea mix which I need to take regularly, has lemonbalm, nettle, vervain (which I'd never heard of but really helps the liver), ecinachia (sp?) and camomile, which is all about relaxing me and sorting out my liver.

She actually said to me that I was a mess (tum wise!), which I actually liked hearing instead of "oh eat more fibre and you'll be fine!!), so we are concentrating on my tum first, and my immune system, to help me start digesting properly then thats when we'll sort the diet out.

I'm also on a really high strength probiotic and prebiotic (FOS) and sucraguard, which helps regulate the blood sugar levels. I also have to have flax/linseeds with my cereal, which I grind up and sprinkle on - this should normalise the poop!! hehe

As you can probably tell, I'm pretty positive about all of this, it was just so nice to talk to someone who understood! It was quite expensive, but my health is definitely worth it and would recommend it to anyone who is at the end of their tether like I have been!

Sorry for going on, but I'm SO excited!! xx love and hugs to all x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh that's briliant! new
      #172058 - 04/21/05 02:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yay for such positive people. The tea sounds great to me.

Hmm, you've almost convinced me to give it another try. new
      #172068 - 04/21/05 03:22 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm so glad you found someone who listened to you and didn't just try and diagnose a whole heap of food intolerances via a very questionable machine. The tea does sound great,I'm glad you've found someone so understanding. Keep us updated on how it's going (and I might just give it another try myself, just with a different naturopath next time ).

--------------------
Amy

sounds wonderful! new
      #172077 - 04/21/05 04:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I think you've given me the convincing to give it a try, especially since my primary doc moved out of state and I need to find a new one anyway.. not sure I love how the practice is going without her so far...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: sounds wonderful! new
      #172208 - 04/21/05 12:05 PM
nikjones_uk

The lady I had was really nice, and it was such a relief to talk to someone that didn't start looking at me like a freak! I can't stress how nice that was, everyone I speak to about it does it, even my family! Which is so disconcerting - so, money well spent!

I would highly recommend it.....I think I'm going to become a hippy xx

Surprisingly.... new
      #172209 - 04/21/05 12:05 PM
nikjones_uk

It tastes really nice too - with all those flavours I was worried it would taste yuk, but nope, it doesn't!!

I certainly will - thank you - nt x new
      #172210 - 04/21/05 12:06 PM
nikjones_uk

Re: sounds EARTHY new
      #172228 - 04/21/05 12:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You sound positively impacted. This naturopath sound pretty Earthy. Keep us appraised. I hope her recommendations positively ameliorate your life. Some people just "hear" while others "listen." Best wishes.

Re: Natropath appt.... new
      #172348 - 04/21/05 06:32 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I hope this brings you some answers and some relief.

You say you are not concentrating on diet yet. So are you doing the IBS diet still or the candida diet? Or are you just eating anything you want?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Diet... new
      #173057 - 04/24/05 12:06 AM
nikjones_uk

I've been eating a v healthy balanced diet, which follows the candida and ibs one, its bloody hard word to start with, but I think I'm getting used to it now - it does involve quite a bit of seeds and nuts and grains, but I take peppermint caps for the wind they cause! And I feel so much healthier on that rather than white bread! So, no I'm not cheating and eating McD's! haha - sometimes I wish (but definitely KFC I miss the most!!!) xx

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1108

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review