All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Watch For At Least 3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors!!
      #171666 - 04/19/05 10:12 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I received a single Toasted Nuts 'n Cranberry Luna bar FROM Luna today, because I notified them of one that I got that was about 2/3rds of the normal size....anyway, inside I also received two coupons "Save $0.50 Cents on one Luna Bar of any flavor" I looked close at the picture of the Luna Bars and noticed that they were of 3 NEW flavors..... I check the www.lunabar.com website but they do not mention them yet. The new flavors are.......

• Cookies 'n Cream Delight
  • Peanut Butter Cookie
  • Iced Oatmeal Raisin

I will check at Whole Foods this weekend....everyone else...be on the look out!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Watch For At Least 3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors!! new
      #171715 - 04/20/05 07:05 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks for the update! These are my morning snack every day around 10am. In fact I just finshed my Nutz Over chocolate. I remember everyone complaining about the new luna bars, but I actually think they taste better with less sugar. Especially the lemon one. Oh well just my two cents!

awesome!! sounds yummy -nt- new
      #171717 - 04/20/05 07:24 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

I'm jealous... new
      #171723 - 04/20/05 07:52 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

of all you who get to eat luna bars!! I am allergic to peanuts and for the most part avoid things that "may contain traces of peanuts". However--there are a lot of candy bars now that say that that I had been eating my whole life until now (like Twix) that never made me sick, so maybe one night when I know I don't have to go anywhere, I'll sit down with a luna bar and some benadryl and see how it goes! (My allergy is not as bad as it used to be and I'm not the type to get a reaction just from being around peanuts).

--------------------

I feel the same way... new
      #171729 - 04/20/05 08:11 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I couldn't even eat the Dulce de leche or carmel apple or lemon ones before they lowered the sugar. I thought they were so sugary it was disgusting! So yes, I'm very, very happy about the new lower sugar, which fits in with my "no (or as little as possible) added sugar" routine.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

are ALL luna bars safe? (nt) new
      #171969 - 04/20/05 04:40 PM
chi

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Chicago

#171980 - 04/20/05 04:58 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Can I buy these yummy looking bars in Canada somewhere?? Sue

Re: are ALL luna bars safe? (nt) new
      #171985 - 04/20/05 05:18 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes all Luna Bars are safe, but if they say Luna Glow they are not safe!!

Re: are ALL luna bars safe? new
      #171997 - 04/20/05 05:52 PM
chi

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Chicago

Cool, thanks so much. Good to know.

I've become quite sick of reading the ingredients each time I go to buy one or two ! This will save me time

#172017 - 04/20/05 07:45 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I saw have seen them at Walmart in the pharmacy section by all the health food and vitamins. I have also seen them at Loblaws- Canadian Superstore. I am not sure if ours come from a different source or if it was just me but I tried some and did not like them.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#174527 - 04/27/05 04:17 PM
Shell Marr

4/27/05 @ 4:15pm I just got off the phone with Bobby at Clif Bars (makers of Luna Bars).....the new flavors will start shipping in June!!

Quote:

I received a single Toasted Nuts 'n Cranberry Luna bar FROM Luna today, because I notified them of one that I got that was about 2/3rds of the normal size....anyway, inside I also received two coupons "Save $0.50 Cents on one Luna Bar of any flavor" I looked close at the picture of the Luna Bars and noticed that they were of 3 NEW flavors..... I check the www.lunabar.com website but they do not mention them yet. The new flavors are.......

• Cookies 'n Cream Delight
  • Peanut Butter Cookie
  • Iced Oatmeal Raisin

I will check at Whole Foods this weekend....everyone else...be on the look out!!

--------------------

Shell for President in 2008! new
      #174565 - 04/27/05 05:45 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

LMAO - Please tell me you were calling to convince them to donate samples for the Sprawl. At least now you got a contact over there.

--------------------
- Jennifer

will these help stop my snacking? new
      #174576 - 04/27/05 06:53 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I am a horrible snacker and am trying to get more fit. I've been eating way to many granola bars and honey nut cheerios during the day. Do you think if I eat one of these as a snack it will help me?

#174805 - 04/28/05 11:27 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Oh that is good to know. I can wait until June, especially since I ordered 3 boxes yesterday. I will get the oatmeal raisin right away in June!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors & Whole Foods new
      #184399 - 06/07/05 01:56 PM
Shell Marr

Hey everyone... I called my local Whole Foods and they did not know when they would be getting the new flavors in. So, I emailed cooperate and requested them.....the more of us that do it...I think the faster they will be in ALL Whole Foods!! Here is the contact page for corporate. Be sure to reference the flavors Peanut Butter Cookie, Cookies N Cream Delights, & Iced Oatmeal Raisin (otherwise they might think you are talking about the "New Formulated" ones).

--------------------

Re: 3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors & Whole Foods new
      #184450 - 06/07/05 05:50 PM
Shell Marr

Copy of email I just got!!

Quote:

In a message dated 6/7/05 5:05:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, Kathryn.Forrest@wholefoods.com writes:
Hi,
I received your request for the new Clif bar flavors. We should be receiving those some time during the week of the 20th.
Thanks for your query.

Kathryn Forrest
Whole Body Team Leader
Whole Foods Market
Bellevue, Washington
425 462 1400
425 462 0400-fax

--------------------

I'm checking at Target and HFS this fri/sat -nt new
      #184541 - 06/08/05 07:18 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I got the new ones! new
      #184693 - 06/08/05 11:46 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Well, PB cookie and Iced Oatmeal Raisin. THe PB one is kinda high in fat and made my tummy rumble. I wasn't looking for them , but came across them at Trader Joes last night after leaving the very first SJ IBS Support group. I went to get key limes to make the KEy Lime Pie that Kree posted awhile back from Vegweb. I looked at the luna section cause I noticed that my Trader Joes has been phasing out flavors. They had the two new ones, but not the cookies and cream one. Whole foods had neither.
THe PB one tasted ok, maybe too sweet for me, it did taste just like a PB cookie though! THe ICed Oatmeal Raisin was DELICIOUS, but I can't entirely remember cause I ate it drunk seven o clock in the morning (bad Sheri, I know), I have another... Ooops! gave it to my best bud last night, I forgot. She loved PB cookie (she is a luna nut, too), she hasn't tried the oatmeal raisin yet, but it did taste just like an oatmeal cookie! Yum!
Sorry I couldn't give a report! I am such a big dork I could not wait to post this since I got them last night... but BF drama ensued... we broke up, I will post about it in the Living Room later today when I am ready.

Oh, and on another note, I tried Vitasoy Green tea soymilk that I found at Whole Foods... YUCK! I am giving it to my friends across the street... three of them live together, none of them with stable jobs right now, so they will eat absolutely anything! I wanted to get the Chai Tea soymilk, but they stopped selling it all of a sudden at Whole Foods

--------------------
-Sheri

Finally Tired All 3 NEW Luna Bar Flavors!! new
      #191001 - 07/01/05 11:35 PM
Shell Marr

Whole Foods does not have them yet, but I happen to find them at Thriftway but they were $1.47 each...but I HAD to try them....hehehe

Cookies 'n Cream Delight - did not really float my boat... did not really care for the "cream" icing that was on it...

Peanut Butter Cookie - highter fat, but YUMMY! Maybe eat 1/2 for a nice desert.

Iced Oatmeal Raisin - Pretty darn good

--------------------

pb cookie flavor new
      #191290 - 07/03/05 05:03 PM
Little Minnie

We should remember when people ask about Luna bars and are they safe that we should mention PB cookie is very high in fat and one would need to eat it with other low fat food to offset it. I do plan on eating them when I find them someday! (Still don't have new flavors near me. Will try Target on Wed.)

--------------------

#191450 - 07/04/05 09:52 AM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

I noticed that the new iced oatmeal flavor has higher insoluble fiber than the others. The rest of them have 1 gram insoluble and 2 grams soluble. Iced oatmeal I think had 2 insoluble and 1 soluble. It's probably because of the whole grain oats -- just thought I'd mention it because it might bother some people.

Edited by feverdream (07/04/05 09:53 AM)

#191454 - 07/04/05 10:09 AM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here. I bought a handful of Luna bars to take with me on vacation...knowing there would be times I wouldn't have a safe meal at my finger tips.

I ate one when we landed, after a long day of flying. Anyway, it made me so bloated I ended up in bed for a few hours in terrible pain. I'm still relatively new to the diet and still haven't figured out what is and isn't a problem for me to eat. But at least for now, I'm stearing clear of the Luna bars.

--------------------
Lins

#191561 - 07/04/05 05:32 PM
Little Minnie

Can I throw in a guess here? Sitting on a plane and then I would guess eating on a hungry stomach would make many people bloated no matter what was eaten. Many times I bloat from safe food if I eat when I am too hungry or if I have been sitting too much. I have never specifically bloated from Luna bars.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 555 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review