All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back! question for bloaters! (and Delia!)
      #171380 - 04/19/05 08:57 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hey guys, some of you may remember me. I haven't been on here for soo long. I've been feeling pretty good, but lately can't seem to get rid of the bloating (seems to be the topic for the month!)

I was wondering what has helped any of you with your bloating. I don't seem to have the cramps much at all. I really don't think it could be Celiac b/c I got blood and stool test taken a long time ago and everything came back normal.

Delia - would trying your diet suggestions again possibly help? I am a sucker for sugar but I am willing to try anything and see if it will just help with the bloating. Gas x and such don't seem to do much for me. And I really don't like the tast of fennel tea.

I have slowly been trying to take Acacia but I don't know how long I should be on that till I notice anything.

Any comments would be greatly apprecaited!! Hope everyone is doing well!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back! question for bloaters! (and Delia!) new
      #171383 - 04/19/05 08:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

With SFSs, it can take quite a while for it to help with the bloating (and that's after you've got to a significant dose).

Try mixing the fennel tea with other teas, like peppermint - it's worth it!

#171385 - 04/19/05 09:03 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Fennel also mixes well with Rooibos tea - I hate fennel and I can manage a half-teaspoon per mug of Rooibos. I suspect I'll be able to increase the dosage as I get used to the taste. And I remember someone - sorry, can't remember who - posted they just hold their nose and drink it anyhow.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#171390 - 04/19/05 09:13 AM
Bethany

So you notice that drinking the fennel tea does help a lot? Do you buy the tennel and out it in a tea ball, or do you buy fennel tea bags.

I'm telling you, someone would make a furtune creating a fennel capsule!

Thanks for the advice!

--------------------

Another Tea to Try new
      #171392 - 04/19/05 09:20 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

You could also try Eater's Digest Tea by Traditional Medicinals. It's a blend of peppermint, fennel and ginger, so the fennel flavor is not as strong. I find this tea works quite well. You should be able to find it at any HFS. I can actually get it at the grocery store in the healthy foods section.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: There is a fennel capsule new
      #171403 - 04/19/05 09:52 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

It's made by Solaray & each capsule has 450 mg of fennel. I ususally take 2 to 4 a day when the bloating is bad. It helps but it's not a cure all.
Hope this helps
Meryl

Re: There is a fennel capsule - really!!? new
      #171430 - 04/19/05 11:08 AM
Bethany

I didn't know there was a capsule out!! Where do you get them? Do you have to order them? If it at least HELPS with the bloating I will take that! Ha!

You said each has 450 mg of fennel. How much does a tea bag contain? Do you think it works as well as the tea or seeds? Just curious.

thanks !

--------------------

Re: MORE really good teas new
      #171455 - 04/19/05 12:19 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love the YOGI TEA company!!! Stomach Ease and Ginger are really good for bloating. This is strange, but I find that sometimes adding a twist of FRESH LEMON juice to hot water, or tea helps with the bloating.

#171542 - 04/19/05 03:08 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I haven't had a lot of trouble with bloating so I didn't really try it until last week when I had a couple of bad days. The bloating subsided, but I don't know if it was because of the fennel or just because the bloating was something weird for me that went away by itself.

I brewed the tea with teabag and loose fennel in one of those 2-cup glass measuring cups, then poured it into my mug through a cup-top tea strainer.

Heather's Peppermint Capsules contain some fennel, too. If I'm reading the label right, it's 20mg per capsule.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Question new
      #171612 - 04/19/05 06:43 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

With all of this talk about bloating. I really have to say that I don't know what it is. I sometimes get a too-full/gassy feeling like I ate too much. Do people actually "swell" up? I assumed that when people talk about a "pregnant belly" they were speaking figuratively--like that is how it feels. Thanks for clearing this up.

Re: Question answered new
      #171647 - 04/19/05 08:27 PM
Bethany

Feel lucky to not know what it is like!! I almost always have that full feeling even after eating some very small. And the bloating is when your belly puffs out. It's like there is trapped gas or something in there causing it to inflat kind of like a ballon. And that too, makes you have the full feeling!

But, us bloaters are in it together - right!? It's hard going from being so trim and having a flat tummy, to feeling like I'm always pulling my shirt down to cover up a bloated belly. Hopefully some of these suggestions will help a little.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1806 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1691

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review