All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back! question for bloaters! (and Delia!)
      #171380 - 04/19/05 08:57 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hey guys, some of you may remember me. I haven't been on here for soo long. I've been feeling pretty good, but lately can't seem to get rid of the bloating (seems to be the topic for the month!)

I was wondering what has helped any of you with your bloating. I don't seem to have the cramps much at all. I really don't think it could be Celiac b/c I got blood and stool test taken a long time ago and everything came back normal.

Delia - would trying your diet suggestions again possibly help? I am a sucker for sugar but I am willing to try anything and see if it will just help with the bloating. Gas x and such don't seem to do much for me. And I really don't like the tast of fennel tea.

I have slowly been trying to take Acacia but I don't know how long I should be on that till I notice anything.

Any comments would be greatly apprecaited!! Hope everyone is doing well!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back! question for bloaters! (and Delia!) new
      #171383 - 04/19/05 08:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

With SFSs, it can take quite a while for it to help with the bloating (and that's after you've got to a significant dose).

Try mixing the fennel tea with other teas, like peppermint - it's worth it!

#171385 - 04/19/05 09:03 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Fennel also mixes well with Rooibos tea - I hate fennel and I can manage a half-teaspoon per mug of Rooibos. I suspect I'll be able to increase the dosage as I get used to the taste. And I remember someone - sorry, can't remember who - posted they just hold their nose and drink it anyhow.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#171390 - 04/19/05 09:13 AM
Bethany

So you notice that drinking the fennel tea does help a lot? Do you buy the tennel and out it in a tea ball, or do you buy fennel tea bags.

I'm telling you, someone would make a furtune creating a fennel capsule!

Thanks for the advice!

--------------------

Another Tea to Try new
      #171392 - 04/19/05 09:20 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

You could also try Eater's Digest Tea by Traditional Medicinals. It's a blend of peppermint, fennel and ginger, so the fennel flavor is not as strong. I find this tea works quite well. You should be able to find it at any HFS. I can actually get it at the grocery store in the healthy foods section.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: There is a fennel capsule new
      #171403 - 04/19/05 09:52 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

It's made by Solaray & each capsule has 450 mg of fennel. I ususally take 2 to 4 a day when the bloating is bad. It helps but it's not a cure all.
Hope this helps
Meryl

Re: There is a fennel capsule - really!!? new
      #171430 - 04/19/05 11:08 AM
Bethany

I didn't know there was a capsule out!! Where do you get them? Do you have to order them? If it at least HELPS with the bloating I will take that! Ha!

You said each has 450 mg of fennel. How much does a tea bag contain? Do you think it works as well as the tea or seeds? Just curious.

thanks !

--------------------

Re: MORE really good teas new
      #171455 - 04/19/05 12:19 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love the YOGI TEA company!!! Stomach Ease and Ginger are really good for bloating. This is strange, but I find that sometimes adding a twist of FRESH LEMON juice to hot water, or tea helps with the bloating.

#171542 - 04/19/05 03:08 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I haven't had a lot of trouble with bloating so I didn't really try it until last week when I had a couple of bad days. The bloating subsided, but I don't know if it was because of the fennel or just because the bloating was something weird for me that went away by itself.

I brewed the tea with teabag and loose fennel in one of those 2-cup glass measuring cups, then poured it into my mug through a cup-top tea strainer.

Heather's Peppermint Capsules contain some fennel, too. If I'm reading the label right, it's 20mg per capsule.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Question new
      #171612 - 04/19/05 06:43 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

With all of this talk about bloating. I really have to say that I don't know what it is. I sometimes get a too-full/gassy feeling like I ate too much. Do people actually "swell" up? I assumed that when people talk about a "pregnant belly" they were speaking figuratively--like that is how it feels. Thanks for clearing this up.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3025 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review