All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
ATTN C'rs!! I found an awesome fiber!!!
      #171127 - 04/18/05 08:35 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I have tried so many fibers and none really seem to do much for me. I did a websearch and found this stuff called fiberklenz plus. It has both soluble and insoluble fiber and one dose is 14 grams!! I have been taking it now for about 4 days before bed (cause of bloat) but every morning now I have been pooping logs!!! Oh my god, I can't remember the last time I had a log without a laxative or something. The link is www.fiberklenzplus.com if anyone wants to check it out. Augie?? Maybe you should try it since we both seem to be in the same boat. I will keep you all posted!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Few questions b/c this stuff sounds like the "magic" fiber new
      #171143 - 04/18/05 08:54 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Hi Jessica,
How funny, I've never heard the "log" term before but it'd be great to have one again daily.... I can feel your excitement and would love to have the same experience!

1]Is this stuff causing you to feel bloated and that's why you take it at bedtime? Or is it that you are bloated anyway, so it's most comfortable to wait until bedtime to take this new fiber, in order to not cause worse daytime bloating than you already have?

2]Does it cause you to feel cramps or bloating at night that prevent you from sleeping soundly?

3]Does it cause more gas than the usual amount you had before you started using it?

4]How soon after you awaken does it work?

5]Do you have to do or take anything else in order to have your "log" or just use this stuff?

6]How often did you have a BM before you started using this stuff?

Txs in advance for answering these ???s.

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

It's all the harsher SFSs and some IF... new
      #171237 - 04/19/05 03:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...which could be good for C's. Fyi, Kandee takes psyllium to keep her going, but has to take it before bed b/c of the bloating.

lithelady....psyllium (and to a lesser extent inulin) are SFSs that cause bloating. The IF would also cause bloating.

Re: Few questions b/c this stuff sounds like the "magic" fiber new
      #171303 - 04/19/05 07:12 AM
jessica28

1. I'm always bloated, so I just don't want to feel even more bloated, so I'm taking it before bed.
2. No cramps or anything, I still sleep soundly.
3. I'm not having any extra gas really than I usually have.
4. After I wake up, I usually have some tea or something and about an hour later I go.
5. I haven't taken anything else to help the "log", it just seems to make me go the next morning.
6. I would usually go about 2, maybe 3 times a week, but nothing very much would come out. I would take alot of magnesium sometimes to help me go.

I just woke up now, so we'll see what happens! I'll let you know how it goes, if it stays consistent, etc.

Jessica

Good for you Jessica! new
      #171308 - 04/19/05 07:24 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Unfortunately, it contains Oat which is not safe for me on a gluten free diet. At least that's what I believe, as there is some controversy on this. It must be very pure, if I would try it at all.

Maybe Kandee can advise???

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Txs for replies re: "magic" fiber new
      #171606 - 04/19/05 06:29 PM
lithelady

Very helpful answers Jessica. Plz keep posting as to how well this fiber continues to work for you. I'm really hopeful that it continues to do the job permanently b/c then it'll be worth the expense. Since each bag of acacia lasts one month for me at a dose of 12gms/day, your fiber is FOUR times the price of acacia for a month's supply.

Also, I've gotten my bloating under a moderate degree of good control, so I'm most interested in knowing if this new fiber causes your bloating to increase as you continue to use it over the next few weeks.

Few other questions:
1]how much magnesium were you taking per day, at what time[s] of day and for how many weeks/months?

2]Did you find that these Mg doses would make your stool softer [ie: it would increase your BM's water content] and also increase your colon's peristalsis strength or frequency, so you would have more frequent BMs?

I'm asking this b/c there are 2 aspects of diarrhea: increased stool water content and increased stool frequency. These both occur together when diarrhea is due to an infectious cause, but with large amounts of magnesium, I've not been able to find anything in writing that describes:

a)whether Mg causes both of these aspects of diarrhea to occur and

b)how long after taking Mg before its laxative effect kicks into action.

Lastly, I'm curious if you were able to difinitively tell in what ways Mg affected your BM? I've have never been able to figure out if taking Mg upon arising in the AM helps me to have a BM that AM or not, since my BMs are so irregular.

Thanks again! Joanne

--------------------

nice posting new
      #171625 - 04/19/05 07:31 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

After all the bruhaha (is that how you spell it? is there a proper spelling?) that has been going on lately, I just want to say this is a great thread. I'm not C and I'm off fiber right now, but this thread is what this board is all about -- intelligent questions and cogent answers. I am totally sympathetic with newbies who are frustrated and depressed with their condition and who ask repetitive questions, and I think instead of lashing out at such posters we need to set great examples of how this board works. Nice job, ladies.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Txs for replies re: "magic" fiber new
      #171774 - 04/20/05 09:09 AM
jessica28

Hi! This first bottle I bought was on sale for $25, so not too bad, but yes, more expensive. The magnesium came from this stuff called Oxypowder, if you do a search on here, you will find some discussions on it. Or go to oxypowder.com as well. I would take about 4 pills every other day, which was like 3000 mg or something crazy. If I take that or other magnesium on an empty stomach, it works usually in 3 hours or so, otherwise like 12. It would just make my BM's more watery, but not really "running" to get to the bathroom. That stuff is so high in Mag., but it does help. I would just rather take something like fiber to make me go, it makes me feel safer. Although, my doctor saw the bottle of Oxypowder and okayed it. The bloating has gone down with the fiber. Right when I drink the stuff I feel full, but an hour later I"m okay. Just better to take when you haven't just eaten a meal or something. By the morning I feel normal too. As far as the mag., I think Mag. is definitely more of a stool softener than anything. I hope I answered your questions. By the way, I had a log this morning

Jessica

AmandaPanda new
      #171775 - 04/20/05 09:10 AM
jessica28

Thanks, appreciate that!

How are the "logs" doing? new
      #173921 - 04/26/05 12:49 PM
lithelady

Hi Jessica,
Txs VERY much for your reply on 4/20, sorry I haven't been able to get back to you till now. Mag info was most helpful.

How's it going with the daily "logs"?

Has the bloating due to this magic fiber cont'd to decrease?

Did you start taking 14 gms per PM dose from the first day of using it? Wonder if starting at a lower dose might help to prevent the bloat?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review