All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Beth, I'm SO proud of you! *hugs* new
      #171042 - 04/18/05 07:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Way to go assertive chica! Look at you! Hope you feel GREAT about yourself for being so honest and assertive!

YOU ROCK Miss Beth! *big hugs* (Of course, Casey does too!)

Love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What Is Going on with the so called diet new
      #171062 - 04/18/05 07:31 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

I had a colonoscopy and many other tests done, all came back saying nothing about this.
How am I supposed to know what to eat or what's in the ingredients, I get my bagels from the cafeteria which does not list the ingredients.
I guess this means I have to spend more money buying my bagels from now on, and I can't buy them from a bagel store because they don't list their ingredients.
Bloating is my biggest problem, with constipation second.

I have no problem going on a bland diet, as long as it stops the bloating now. I have zero patience for going on a bland diet, and having my stomach explode each time I eat a meal.

I am hungry, but I don't what to eat, I just had a Turkey sandwich, which I am already tired of eating, on white bread which was fresh and I am bloated again.
I can't stand spending this much money on fresh food, scarfying this much, and still looking pregnenet when I put so much time at the gym, I may as well go have a steak.
If I am giving up this much food, dangit, get this bloating gone.

#171066 - 04/18/05 07:35 PM
Volatile

I don't feel worse, I feel only slightly better on Heather's diet. My bloating instead of making me look like 10 month pregnant mom, is now a 9 month pregnant mom, not nearly enough to call that anything good whatsoever.

I can't tolerate this bloating. I spend so much time in the gym, to have see all waste away because my stomach is being a B and wants to be bloated is absurd. Somebody make the bloating EFFIN STOP.
GEEZ, I CAN NOT STAND THE BLOATING. STOP BLOATING.

Re: Listen, because I'm only going to say this once new
      #171068 - 04/18/05 07:38 PM
Volatile

Atomic Rose, I'm scarred to have insolable fiber. I have discontinued insoluable fiber, and I don't think I want to go back on it for a long time, I just can't take the bloating. However, if sacrficying this much only improves me by a fingertip, then what's the use, I can not stand the bloating.

#171072 - 04/18/05 07:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Your emotional outbursts and awful bloating sound like celiac to me. Please get tested. Thank you.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Did I actually say that? new
      #171074 - 04/18/05 07:44 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm such the passive type. But I'm definitely getting less inhibited as I get older. From a "people pleasing, perfectionistic, needs everyone to like me" person, it's difficult to open my mouth most times. But I wanted to back up my buddy Casey! And also try to get my feeling out instead of holding them in creating the Stress Monster from getting any bigger.

These posts have been stressing me out big time, for some reason. And it's hard to know the line between being assertive and coming off aggressive.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Volatile... new
      #171075 - 04/18/05 07:45 PM
Volatile

They put me on Remorosa for a week, then took me off because the thought it caused me to be restless, maybe.
Otherwise, the semester is almost over and when it is I will be able to make my own food.
The problem is, I don't want to invest the time and effort if it's not going to pay off.
So far, the time and effort has not paid off. Think I'm volatile now, wait and see how am I after I spend hours cooking and still feel bloated.

Yeh I will sacrifice for this, I'll do a lot to get rid of the bloating, I am willing to what it takes, I just better get the bloating away if I am going to do it.

Tell me what I can do to stop the bloating and I will, I can't have a pregnant stomach. I can not justify eating this bland if I don't see the bloating stop soon as I need to stop the bloating.

Re: Steph new
      #171077 - 04/18/05 07:48 PM
Volatile

I don't know where you get off syaing that, have you read what I have said, did you not see how I said I have changed my diet? Yet you question my commitment? My problem is not what I have to sacrifice, my problem is what I have to sacrifice and then still looking like a pregnant mom. I'll do what you say, but it has to make the bloating go away. I can't keep having this bloating destroy my body.

#171078 - 04/18/05 07:49 PM
Volatile

Is celiac easier to treat, if so pray I have it. Do whatever it takes to get rid of the bloating.

Re: Steph new
      #171080 - 04/18/05 07:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Volatile,

You seem to miss the point of almost every post someone on here writes to you.
It has been three days (maybe four now) and that is not long enough to make a difference, like we keep telling you. Yet you continue to post the same questions, over and over again. Yet you continue to disrespect what we are doing here. Yet you continue to whinge about how much it sucks for you - Do you get that we are ALL SICK? Yet we are trying to help you, and I don't know if you have even once seemed genuinely grateful for the support.

If you are going to carry on as you have been, I would take the other member of this board gave you and look elsewhere for advice. If you need a miracle cure, you won't find it anywhere... you definitely won't find it here, so you need to face facts.

No more 'poor me', we are all sick. But we are trying. And before you say how much you are giving up, just stop. A lot of us have given up way more than you have, and haven't taken the attitude you have.

Either stick around, take the advice here (QUIETLY!), and actually give it a chance to work and go somewhere else.
The End.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review