All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Is This A Good Diet?
      #170394 - 04/16/05 05:52 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

I'm having one of those days where my Irritable Bowel Syndrome is awful, probably because I have eaten a lot of foods which cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome lately.
I read what Heather said to eat when having significant amount of symptoms, and I wanted to ask if what I have eaten since breakfast is alright for my current stomach and bloating.
In other words, is eating what I am eating now going to get my stomach to not be bloated soon?

After breakfast where I had scrambled eggs, which I now have learned not to eat, I had

Crispex
8 oz Soy Milk

Grilled Chicken breast
24 oz water

Turkey wrap with pickles
Rice with vinegar
Carrots
16 oz water

Is what I have been eating good for my allieving this? Are wraps alright to eat when having a lot bloating occuring.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is This A Good Diet? new
      #170404 - 04/16/05 07:26 PM
Volatile

I also had corn muffin, bowl of Rice kripies, is this a fine diet I have done?

#170407 - 04/16/05 07:34 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

It looks like you did a good job with your diet today! It's hard to change, isn't it? WHen I was first eliminating foods and trying to figure out what triggered an attack in me, all I would dream about was eating steak, pizza, milkshakes. But eventually you find food you really like, that tastes as good--if not better--than the triggers. Plus, you'll start feeling better physically. If you want to see what someone with IBS typically eats, you should check out the IBS Fitness board--many of us post our daily meals there.

Have you had soy milk before? It can take a couple of weeks for your body to get used to, so you may experience a little bloating from this. The grilled chicken breast was an excellent choice and the turkey wrap sounds safe. Wraps are safe as long as they don't contain the triggers--avoid creamy sauces, cheese, etc. I don't know about the pickles--although I haven't had problems with pickles. Did you have raw carrots or cooked? I learned the hard way that for someone with IBS-D, raw carrots can be difficult to digest, which would cause more bloating. Steaming carrots is easy.

Have you tried taking Phazyme or drinking fennel tea to ease the bloating?

I hope this helps.

#170424 - 04/16/05 08:15 PM
Volatile

I had steamed carrots.
I just had fennel tea. After I had the corn muffin, I felt less bloated, I felt more bloated after the fennel tea.
Why, isn't fennel tea supposed to ease this?
I can't make the tea with boiling water because I don't have a stove, instead I used hot water from the sink, is that alright.

#170442 - 04/16/05 08:35 PM
Volatile

If I put the fennel tea is warm not boiling water is this alright? Why would having fennel tea cause more bloating, and how much a day should I have.

#170478 - 04/16/05 09:32 PM
Volatile

Alright, so I changed my diet today, my first meal had an Irritable Bowel Syndrome food, but since then I have been sticking to soluable fiber food. I had as my last meal Crispex, soluable fiber, followed by Grilled Chicken breast and 12 oz water. Why is it that I felt bloated after eating this. Could it be the food which caused Irritable Bowel Syndrome is still in my body, I am still constipated, if I eat this for more days should it go away with this.

#170483 - 04/16/05 10:23 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I can't say for sure when the bloating will go away and I doubt anyone could but it can take months to stabilise properly on this diet. Some of us found instant relief, some of us it took months and a very few of us have had no luck at all. It should help, but foods can stay in your system for days causing trouble. Especially constipation wise. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Fennel tea new
      #170519 - 04/17/05 04:19 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Make sure you sip the tea as drinking anything fast can cause bloat.

Have as much as you want! Now I'm stable, I only drink it when I'm feeling a bit iffy.

#170520 - 04/17/05 04:19 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

You shouldn't drink with your meals. Though it's been a while since I read the books - I think water should be drunk in between meals... and it shouldn't be ice cold. If you have problems with constipation, you need to make sure you drink a lot, but it needs to be between meals, not during. Water can disrupt digestion of your food. It takes a little getting used too - but I don't even notice anymore. I just drink about 30 min before (to take my fiber and/or enzymes) and about an hour after.

Bloating, C, etc new
      #170521 - 04/17/05 04:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Firstly, IBS triggers can cause trouble for days after eating them. Secondly, an unstable IBS GI tract takes a while to calm down. Thirdly, as a C, you must do the SF only foods for a few days at most before you start to add IF in SAFELY.

Food sounds great tho!

Btw...Heather recommends not drinking with meals as this can cause more bloating in some people.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8320

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review