All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Easier cookbook from Heather?
      #16999 - 08/11/03 03:08 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey guys!

Please see my posts on the Recipe Board about an IBS cookbook for dummies. Maybe if we all encourage Heather she will speed up the production of an easier, simplier cookbook for those of us that need fast IBS-safe meals. Surely, I'm not the only one very interested in recipes with simple, store-bought items.

Beaglelover (also known as "The Biggest Klutz in the Kitchen")

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I see your request...and raise you one request -nt- new
      #17000 - 08/11/03 03:21 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Easier cookbook from Heather? new
      #17001 - 08/11/03 03:51 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I agree, I can't wait for Heather to come up with another cookbook, especially with fast, easy IBS meals, but....

Heather really has a lot going on. She is working on it, along with a gazillion other things for us - cooking dvd's, yoga dvd's, redoing the websites, the newsletter, the boards... Good God - she's practically Superwoman for crying out loud!

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want to put more pressure on her and make her feel more overwhelmed than she already is. I know she'll get it to us as soon as she humanly can.

#17003 - 08/11/03 05:05 PM
BL

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put anymore pressure on Heather's already busy life. She's just so good at what she does. Maybe we could clone her.
(Heather, I would be glad to help you in any way that I can----like previewing your recipes to see if a cooking "dummy" like me can understand them!)

#17022 - 08/12/03 08:13 AM
Lana_Marie

I apologize too Heather - Although the new cookbook will be wonderful - I promise to be patient.

You take your time, I am sorry to rush you. A person can only do so many things.

Thanks for making me see that Mags!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#17037 - 08/12/03 09:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, it was purely selfish of me. I was afraid you guys would scare her away, and then we wouldn't have anything! LOL

Just kiddin!

#17044 - 08/12/03 10:07 AM
Lana_Marie

I should have known....Little Miss Lookin Out for #1.

LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#17142 - 08/13/03 04:04 AM
geekgirl

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: UK

Maybe Heather doesn't need to do all the work. We, as a community, could do a lot of it. I mean a lot of people already post their own recipes on the recipe board. The cooks among us (I include myself here ;-) are used to being inventive when our favourite recipes are not safe in order to make them so. If we come up with the recipes Heather would just have to act as editor. Is this possible?

geekgirl

Could we help Heather with this? new
      #17143 - 08/13/03 05:16 AM
BL

Geekgirl, what a great idea! Could we somehow assist Heather in putting together a second, easier cookbook?
Maybe by giving Heather a list of things we'd like to see in this one?
I need quick and easy recipes (I'm talking 5-6 ingredients, store-bought stuff, no chopping fresh herbs here!) for:

pizza (I'm thinking store-bought sauce and crust, using deli rotissiere chicken and something else. Help, here, Heather!)
chicken breasts (baked in the oven)---you know the kind, with store-bought salad dressings or salsas!!!)
sandwiches (turkey breasts, maybe even easy wraps)
appetizers for parties---I can't take hummus forever!
a brunch dish to serve for a group (I miss that overnight egg and sausage brunch dish I used to make)
an easy mashed potato recipe
simple vegetable dishes such as for green beans
a baked bean recipe (for picnics, Fourth of July, etc.)
safe salad ideas (a layered overnight salad would be nice)

I think what I'm saying is I miss making my old-standby recipes that I've made for years for my family and for parties. I need alternatives for them. Could we send Heather our favorites and see if she could make them IBS safe? Just an idea!
(Heather, if I've insulted you with my simple suggestions, I apologize. You're such a wonderful cook that you probably don't even cook like this. You're probably thinking, "Yuck!" But there's so many of us who don't have the TIME to make gourmet meals. You would be doing us a great service to help us out here.)

#17175 - 08/13/03 11:47 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

I think I am the 9th reply so I 9th this. I am busy busy busy working girl and with my gym time and my writing course, whew I barely have time to go the grocery store much less cook. I would love a "quick & easy" reference for the IBS impaired. I could grab my goodies and go. The faster this cookbook comes out the better I say!!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1046 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1240

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review