All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I need a hug and am SO upset.....
      #169980 - 04/14/05 06:01 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

My mother doesn't believe I have IBS. She never takes anything we say seriously, and this isn't one I need her to add to that list. When I was 24, I had appendicitis. She lived 5 mind from the hospital but wudn't come because she doesn't believe me.
I'm devastated. We've had a hard time lately, and i am usually not SO emotionally triggered, but I'm so nauseated and crampy right now I can hardly think.

I know some of you have been there, and God am i sorry.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need a hug and am SO upset..... new
      #169986 - 04/14/05 07:15 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awww honey! I'm so sorry. I don't have any advice.. but cheer up.. family can suck sometimes

--------------------

#169989 - 04/14/05 07:35 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I'm in the same boat. My parents "believe" me but do not think it's a serious illness and think that the bloating is just in my head.

Please accept my sympathy and my support - *we* will always be here for you.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#169995 - 04/14/05 08:24 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I couldn't possibly have said it better. I'm fortunate that my parents "believe" me and are fairly understanding, but I think they still don't "get" that I'll never be cured of this, and that's hard sometimes.

*We* will definitely always be here for you. Hope you feel better quickly!

#169996 - 04/14/05 08:46 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Sorry, I don't have any advice either. But I'm sending big hugs and hoping that one day your parents will understand.

--------------------
Amy

Thanks ladies.... new
      #170007 - 04/14/05 09:54 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

It's only my mother who's the problem. Everyone else acknowledges it, and most of them get that it's for life.(My dad and stepmom are very supportive)
I left a nasty message on the machine at Mom's, and she never did call me back. maybe she's thinking it over. We've had a hard time for the last few years, and she's been known to tell me "call me back if you're for real, I'm watching a show" when I was about to get my appendix removed. even 10 mins before surgery she didn't BELIEVE me.

You can imagine how awful that feels.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Thanks ladies.... new
      #170011 - 04/14/05 10:28 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi there,
I am so sorry that you are not well, hopefully you are feeling better today. It is sad that you and your mum cannot see eye to eye but dont let that bother you as the more you think of it the more you will suffer. These things happen. Not everyone believes in us and some think we have gone a bit crazy. Keep in touch with us and you will realise that others are with you. Love Jenny

{{{hugs}}} new
      #170018 - 04/15/05 12:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, getting her to believe you might be possible, but like the others said, even when people believe you they rarely "get" it! That's partly why the boards are so popular!

Would she read through parts of "IBS: The First Year" for you? That was a great info source for me...Heather explains it so well with so much scientific back-up that it can help to get the idea through.

Good luck...and remember that we're always here for you even if no-one else understands!

#170108 - 04/15/05 08:46 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I send hugs from the top of my heart. Some parents just don't
understand anything and that's just the way they are. Luckily, both of my parents understand to the best of their capacity to understand and are always supportive. My mother just went on an Immodium run for me. It's one of those out of the blue D-days and I hope it's just a day. I'm just sitting here holding on to my guts between runs to the toilet. But, I send hugs and empathy.

#170109 - 04/15/05 08:51 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Big hugs sweetie! My parents understand and are supportive but my inlaws aren't. They don't try to even have a clue. It's really tough when family doesn't support you. Hang in there ok?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7341

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review