Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HEATHER - question from newsletter
      #169806 - 04/14/05 07:08 AM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

Heather,
I have a questions after reading the gas article in your newsletter. I have been pretty stable now since last November from diet and hypno CD's - my only real problem now is gas in the afternoon and evening. It's usually not painful, but is very smelly. I'm wondering what causes that cause it's keeping me from wanting to be around people when it happens. I don't take a fiber supp cause I am very regular with normal bm's once a day - but now I'm wondering if Acacia would do anything for this smelly part? I started the Beeno after i read your article, but it's obviously not the solution! Thank you for any suggestions. How long does it take the probiotic affect to kick in with Acacia and how much would I have to use in order to get that affect? Thanks so much.
Lori

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HEATHER - question from newsletter new
      #169916 - 04/14/05 12:17 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I'm sorry I don't have an answer but I'm hoping you get one cause I have the same problem. I have very very bad smelly gas & although it's not painful (I run to the bathroom to let it out or I'm just at home by myself so I let it go) it is very embarrasing when I have to be around other people. I have some sort of BM every day so I don't really understand why I have so much gas. I also take acaica every day, at least 9 grams & although it has helped with the bloating, it hasn't done much for my gas problem.
Lets hope someone has the answer.
Meryl

Re: HEATHER - question from newsletter new
      #169930 - 04/14/05 12:45 PM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I have the very same situation...I take acadia - move my bowels once or twice daily. Bloating has gone down. Feel good. Still I have gas.... Anne

Some answers new
      #170025 - 04/15/05 12:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Firstly...Acacia is a PREbiotic, not a probiotic!

Secondly, it helped me loads, but as you can see from the other replies, it's not always the answer to gas! I'd give it a try IMHO...go extra slow tho.

Btw..are you sure you've cut out all the triggers? It's just that I get mega smelly gas if I cheat.

Re: Some answers new
      #170148 - 04/15/05 10:25 AM
AnneV

I have cut out the triggers..no cheating here... I am trying Digestive Advantage in addtion to SFH and anti-spasmatic. Been on it a couple of weeks. This seems to be helping the gas problem significantly. The directions say that it takes a month to see results - will see. Anne

Re: what is digestive advantage new
      #170153 - 04/15/05 10:37 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

Wow, you found something to help with the gas! Please share. What is digestive advantage & how much of it do you take & how often. Also, what type of spasms do you get that warrant your taking an antispasmodic? I mean all I get is gas & a grumbling/rumbling in my belly. Is that a spasm?
Meryl

Re: what is digestive advantage new
      #170206 - 04/15/05 12:56 PM
AnneV

There is lots of stuff on the boards about Digestive Advantage. Seems that some people do better than others with it. I take 1 tablet once per day (though there is an option for 2). You can buy this at your local drug store. I am very excited and hope that it continues to improve. This link should help you as well. http://www.ganedenbiotech.com/index.php?page=DAIBS

I take an herbal anti-spasmotic (Intesol by Metagenics) as I could not tolerate the prescription anti-spasmotics. For me - they seem to relax the intestines for easy passage of stools. For some folks they can constipate - but I do not seem to have any problems with the herbal. When I was getting the spasms, they usually occurred before or after I moved my bowels. Kind of like a sharp jerk movement.

Hope this helps. Anne

A probiotic and digestive enzyme combined - nt new
      #170533 - 04/17/05 04:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1063 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1288

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review