All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
MIGRAINES
      #169563 - 04/13/05 11:11 AM
babymom

Reged: 02/24/05

Does anyone take a migraine medicine that doesn't tear up their tummy?? I have tried a few and the all double me over with nausea- so now, I am afraid to try anymore.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: MIGRAINES new
      #169570 - 04/13/05 11:24 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I take Relpax - and it doesn't bother my tummy at all. It's pretty pricey though. When I get my migraines -- I know the pills are worth the cost!

#169571 - 04/13/05 11:25 AM
kshsmom

You know - the migraines themselves cause nausea -- and you may want to try taking your meds with a little safe bread or crackers to cut down on the nausea.

#169580 - 04/13/05 11:41 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I take Keppra as a preventative and Maxalt and Seroquel as abortives. None of them bother my stomach. I do have to take Phenergan sometimes for nausea, but that is caused by my migraines themselves. And I get migraines quite often. I hope this helps.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#169620 - 04/13/05 01:42 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I suffer with migraines on and off - I am not sure if they are allergy related. right now I am on zyrtec-D and hopefully that will help otherwise I am going to the internist for a migraine medication. My dad is on inderal (propanonal?) which seems to help. I have never heard of your migraine medicine - is it good - any side effects?

Help!

Relpax info new
      #169722 - 04/13/05 06:54 PM
kshsmom

I haven't noticed any side effects at all. It does work well -- and fairly quickly too. Here's some info on Relpax:

http://www.relpax.com/

#169728 - 04/13/05 08:02 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Oh good...I had been looking for some more ideas.

I have brutal headaches (not migraines--well, I have had migraines, but more often they are a different sort) from another condition. I had been taking Bextra off-label, but of course now that has been taken off the market. Interestingly enough, my heart stopped three times while I was on it. Permenant damage to several organs...wish the FDA had gotten their act together sooner.

I'll have to ask about migraine medicine at my next appointment. I don't handle most pain meds well, so that may be another thing to try.

Thanks for sparking the idea.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#170034 - 04/15/05 01:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I take Co-codamol (Tylenol with Codeine) to knock the pain down a level and then IMigran to kill it off (once I'm sick enough for it to work).

I have to try and have some SF with the painkillers and take them slowly or I get major migraine nausea, but it can be done and they are so worth it!

I take zomig, but... new
      #170050 - 04/15/05 04:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

migraines cause nausea- a friend uses imitrex shots for her migraines because she can't swallow anything once they start.. she has no IBS issues

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 711 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review