All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fennel Tea
      #169305 - 04/12/05 01:35 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

My main symptom/problem right now is gas and bloating. I want to try the fennel tea, but I'm nervous about it. Does it taste the same as fennel seeds? I do not like fennel seeds, but a lot of you say that that fennel tea tastes like licorice, which I do like. I wish there was a way to try it before purchasing a big bag of it!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel Tea new
      #169308 - 04/12/05 01:38 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try going to a bulk store where you can buy a small amount, or buy a small jar at the grocery store. They tend to be more expensive at the grocery store, but if you want to try a small amount, that's the way to go. I personally HATE the taste of licorice, and drink fennel tea with my nose plugged by my hands. It really works. It's worth it even if you don't like the taste. But from my tastes, it really does taste like licorice, so you may be OK. Good luck!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#169311 - 04/12/05 01:47 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Thanks, Alicia. I'll see if I can find some anywhere near me that I can try a small amounf of first. If it truly does taste like licorice then I will probably like it.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#169315 - 04/12/05 02:15 PM
Silver

Reged: 10/22/04

i buy the messmer fennel seed tea which is sold at health food stores and some grocery stores. it's only about $3.00 cdn for 20 teabags.

#169361 - 04/12/05 04:05 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I hate licorice but I have no prob drinking fennel tea at all

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#169372 - 04/12/05 05:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hate licorice so I tend to mix a little peppermint leaves in with the fennel seeds. All stores should have fennel seeds in the spice aisle. P.S. anything with sugar is drinkable.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#169375 - 04/12/05 06:00 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love fennel, personally...I even eat anise. But you're right, it does have a licorice like quality to it. I don't know why, but it really makes my tummy feel nice too. I even put anise in stir fries/soups, etc. Once, I even let jasmine rice simmer in fennel tea and veg broth (organic, of course and m.s.g. free).

Eaters Digest Tea...Tummy Mint new
      #169378 - 04/12/05 06:20 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

Eaters Digest Tea can be found in Health Food Stores as well as some grocery stores and Tummy Mint can be found in grocery stores. These teas are a peppermint and fennel combination thus far more tolerable than that awful licorice flavor.

--------------------
"puffy"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review